Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

alaskasunshine 10-21-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by debp33
Thanks to you Alaskasunshine, here's what my fabric closet now looks like. Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration!

Ohhhhhh your fabric are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am blushing :oops: You did a wonderful job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it great to see what you have on hand?

Jerudy 10-21-2010 06:40 PM

Thanks to you Alaskasunshine, here's what my fabric closet now looks like. Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration!

Love the storage dividers, where are they from? I would love my closet to look like that......

debp33 10-21-2010 07:30 PM

Jerudy, they are shoe organizers I found on clearance. I used them the right way up and also on their sides. I took out some of the dividers, too. (You can see the unused dividers sitting there on the left.) I have to say, I absolutely love how it turned out!

Jerudy 10-22-2010 09:41 AM

Jerudy, they are shoe organizers I found on clearance. I used them the right way up and also on their sides. I took out some of the dividers, too. (You can see the unused dividers sitting there on the left.) I have to say, I absolutely love how it turned out!

Thanks debp33, I have to keep a look out for some of those. Would love my closet shelves to look just like yours.

sassy lady 10-23-2010 03:18 PM

can I ask what you made the boards out of and what was the little tag you were putting on the larger one
thank you

alaskasunshine 11-09-2010 09:51 PM

How is everyone doing on their folding of their stash?

luvTooQuilt 11-09-2010 10:05 PM

I bought 3 shoe organizers from Lowes just like she has pictured.. they have two different sizes, i got both- 2 big ones and one small one for on top of my fabric filled book cases. They are way filled with fabric.. .. and as for Alaskasunshine's fabric folding, I'd need to hire a fabric folder-upper person for a week to re-fold all my fabric stash.. One day, one day Ill get the motivation and have a beautiful lovely folded perfect sewing room.. One can dream...

Katie M. 11-10-2010 03:07 AM

We bought a used oak entertainment cabinet ($70) and my husband removed the inside and put plywood drilled with holes to make adjustable shelves. It has four doors on the front. He cut five shelves the width of the cabinet. Its huge. The paint is drying, he is almost done. I got three sheets of coroplast waiting to be cut into boards. I can hardly wait to get my sewing room organized. :D

alaskasunshine 11-10-2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I bought 3 shoe organizers from Lowes just like she has pictured.. they have two different sizes, i got both- 2 big ones and one small one for on top of my fabric filled book cases. They are way filled with fabric.. .. and as for Alaskasunshine's fabric folding, I'd need to hire a fabric folder-upper person for a week to re-fold all my fabric stash.. One day, one day Ill get the motivation and have a beautiful lovely folded perfect sewing room.. One can dream...

A week... :lol: :lol: :lol: It took me week'S :lol: :lol: I am still not done!

Iluv2quilt 11-10-2010 09:48 AM

You've done such a wonderful job of organization. I have all of my fabric folded on shelves separated by color. Although it doesn't look untidy, it is extremely hard to weed through the stacks of fabric to find one that will work. I also have been paper piecing and have only small pieces of some of my favorite fabrics left over and nowhere to put it, any suggestions? I don't really want to scrap them yet.

I'll take your stash any day, congratulations on having so many beautiful fabrics at your disposal. :thumbup: