Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

Katie M. 01-20-2011 09:31 AM

I love my fabric I have on the boards. I was surprised how 8 yds easily fit on one board and takes up such a small space. Thank you so much AlaskaSunshine for posting your tutorial!

jaciqltznok 01-21-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by sassy lady
check clotilide they had some things you fold material on it might work for you I used cardboard boxes cut them to the right size they worked good for me

if your cardboard is not acid free, it is going to do two things, one it will attract bugs and two it will leach acids into your fabrics!

judy363905 01-21-2011 10:53 AM

Alaskasunshine thank you for getting me going on organizing my quilt room.. It had been such fun. I did not use boards, however this is what worked for me. 1/2 yard and larger cut were folding like you did not the board, however I used my 6 x 24 cutting ruler and then folded the folded tube in half. I now can find fabric easily and have been having quicker results in matching. My solid and seasonal fabrci are folded the same and put on end in my storage drawers for easy access. thank you so much. I will try to attach photo again.

judy363905 01-21-2011 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo I hope

We purchased the cube bookcase at Ikea
[ATTACH=CONFIG]165007[/ATTACH]

alaskasunshine 01-21-2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905
Alaskasunshine thank you for getting me going on organizing my quilt room.. It had been such fun. I did not use boards, however this is what worked for me. 1/2 yard and larger cut were folding like you did not the board, however I used my 6 x 24 cutting ruler and then folded the folded tube in half. I now can find fabric easily and have been having quicker results in matching. My solid and seasonal fabrci are folded the same and put on end in my storage drawers for easy access. thank you so much. I will try to attach photo again.

Your fabric looks so pretty! Don't you love knowing what you have?! Those cubes sure are cute too! :thumbup:

judy363905 01-21-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Your fabric looks so pretty! Don't you love knowing what you have?! Those cubes sure are cute too! :thumbup:

It sure makes me want to be around all the fabric more... Thank you again.

alaskasunshine 01-21-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

It sure makes me want to be around all the fabric more... Thank you again.

Happy you found my tute helpful, have a wonderful day!

pumpkinpatchquilter 01-23-2011 02:38 PM

WOW - now that is organized!!! I really love this idea, and I love that now you don't have to iron out fold lines everytime you go to use a bit of fabric in your stash. NICE! :)

jaciqltznok 01-23-2011 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would need to invest about $500 in coroplast to make my stash do this...and then I would need more shelves too!

my stash has tripled since this pix was taken I have more than 500 batiks alone!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166580[/ATTACH]

Angguna 01-24-2011 10:04 PM

wow would love to visit you and play all day with your stash, what a dream room.