Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/bow-tuck-tote-pictorial-tutorial-t55016.html)

knlsmith 12-19-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by freemo
Thanks for the pictures! I have been reading about the Bow Tuck purses for the last week and was planning on buying the pattern. Then I sorted through a book shelf that holds purse patterns and guess what? I already had it! Bought last May. I plan on making one after Christmas.

Too funny! I have the same problem. LOL Too much fun stuff, not enough time. :D

Stephanie Tarver 12-25-2010 07:23 PM

where do you get the pattern for this bag?

knlsmith 12-25-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stephanie Tarver
where do you get the pattern for this bag?

You can google it and order online from several places. A lot of local quilt shops also have it. Should cost around $6 to $10 depending on where you get it. I can't remember how much I paid for mine.

Also, there is a smaller pattern called Mini Bow Tuck tote. I just have the bigger (regular) one and modify the measurements when i want a different size.

Dottie Bug 01-11-2011 08:07 PM

your bag is sew prety you can also go to All People Quilt .com just sign up and you can get some very pretty bag patterns , all sizes. Dot Bug

PghPat 01-31-2011 05:09 AM

[/quote]

I bought the pattern from a LQS and I really did not mind the money I paid for it until I started making it. Cutting it out was a breeze, but I like many are still stuck with the first step (pocket) when sewing it. I think for the money it costs, it could have included better instructions. I have been sewing for 45 yrs and never had this much trouble understanding the instructions for something I made. Very poor instructions... in my opinion.[/quote]

I know your post was quite a while ago but I had to comment. I am a new quilter - less than a year. I am just about finished with my first Bow Tuck and the whole time I've been working on it I've thought how nervous I am going to be buying patterns in the future. I think this was the WORST when it comes to pattern writing. Like so many others my pattern has been sitting for quite a while because it sounded so hard to do.
I could not understand why I've heard so many people making so many of them. Well, now that I've made one and see that it is quite simple - if you can decifer the pattern - I can understand that.

I am SO very glad you posted that this was truly an exceptional hard pattern to understand.

Pat

BMP 01-31-2011 05:34 AM

I took a class a few weeks ago for this bag. Since then I have maade another and aonther cut out ready to make. I am glad I took the class since the gal who taught it made it pretty simple to put together. I agree the instructions should have more pictures but I have noticed all of her patterns are this way. Once you make one you can understand all her patterns.

knlsmith 01-31-2011 06:03 AM

I agree about the instructions, too. That was the big reason I did this. I am so glad it has helped sooooo many! :)

kathymarie 02-15-2011 10:30 AM

Nice tute...thanks...and your nails are lovely....I'd hesitate to post any closeups with my hands and nails!

survivor 02-18-2011 02:25 PM

Survivor
you go girl also nice handbag. :-)

mimiknoxtaylor 02-18-2011 02:43 PM

Okay, I have to make some of these. Love the fabric too