Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Hexagons Machine Sewed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/hexagons-machine-sewed-t225686.html)

Rosyhf 07-19-2013 11:55 AM

I am going to work on my hexes today. I was detained with other boring stuff hahahahah....anyway, I will keep you posted. ...soon.

Rosyhf 07-19-2013 12:01 PM

A little story. At the moment as I am typing, there is a little dog inside my shirt lol. I am wearing a t- top with a scoop neck. The little dog is Milly and she is 1 year old. Every now and then, when I am at the computer, she asks to be picked up and crawls into my shirt and goes to sleep.

She does this because, she was a very sick puppy when I got her, weighing only 1 pound and the Vet didn't expect her to live. I would have her in my shirt or in a scarf tied around my neck morning to night and I think she found the will to live and with the Vet and mother's lover, she made it.

She now weighs 5 pounds and is as healthy as an ox lol. She is very dear to me.

barny 07-19-2013 12:10 PM

I just love your story. My little granddog just went to the vet, she jumped playing and tore a tendon. Now she is in a large bed and has to be down for 2 weeks, no running or playing. And another 4 under close supervision. Our Son has her , but we love her too.

carolaug 07-19-2013 01:01 PM

I love all your tutorials..keep them coming...and Thank-you!

nativetexan 07-19-2013 02:30 PM

thanks! those dreaded Y seams. I can do them but I dont' like them.

Rosyhf 07-20-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 6185669)
I just love your story. My little granddog just went to the vet, she jumped playing and tore a tendon. Now she is in a large bed and has to be down for 2 weeks, no running or playing. And another 4 under close supervision. Our Son has her , but we love her too.

My little Molly who is 13 now, did the same thing. She didn't tear anything, just really hurt her side and leg. This is the second time she has done it. We had to block certain things so she can't jump up and down anymore.

adamae 07-20-2013 12:14 PM

Just got a hex die for my go baby and have not used it....certainly will do so now. Thanks for the images. Love those rulers with mutiple apps choices.

quiltjoey 07-20-2013 01:34 PM

Hi Rosyhf: I absolutely love your Inner City Blocks! I have the hex die for my Go but just haven't found the courage to start anything with them because of the difficulty to sew them. Yours is even more challenging! I am studying your tute to see if I could do the hex work. Thanks or a wonderful study!!

Rosyhf 07-20-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey (Post 6187342)
Hi Rosyhf: I absolutely love your Inner City Blocks! I have the hex die for my Go but just haven't found the courage to start anything with them because of the difficulty to sew them. Yours is even more challenging! I am studying your tute to see if I could do the hex work. Thanks or a wonderful study!!

QJ, did you notice the pics on how to sew them together? no y seams or set-ins. I am still cutting as I want lots to choose from and the inner city buildings will change also. I will totally revamp what I have on the board and will post more pic.

quiltjoey 07-20-2013 07:00 PM

Yes, I did see the sewing together but still some trepidation about beginning! I will continue to follow your tutorial for inspiration...