Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Instructions for a Crayola Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/instructions-crayola-quilt-t179164.html)

Caroline S 02-13-2012 02:49 PM

Today I found Crayola Crayons that comes with a telescoping 3 tier tower for storing the crayons with 150 different colors. The cost was $14.97. The fun part is that there is a coupon for 6 month full access to Crayola Story Studio where you can create your own coloring book from uploaded portrait photos. What a neat gift for a child. I intend to check it out further.

jeanharville 02-13-2012 03:00 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this tutorial. Another fun thing to do. I don't think I'll live long enough to try all the beautiful techniques you talented people come up with. But I'm bookmarking it in case I do :>)

JaniceP 02-13-2012 03:34 PM

Crayola Website

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4972368)
Today I found Crayola Crayons that comes with a telescoping 3 tier tower for storing the crayons with 150 different colors. The cost was $14.97. The fun part is that there is a coupon for 6 month full access to Crayola Story Studio where you can create your own coloring book from uploaded portrait photos. What a neat gift for a child. I intend to check it out further.

Yes, I went onto the website and when my grandkids came at Christmas time, I had their names in stories made up about them and uploaded their pictures of them and turned them into coloring pages. They loved
it. They thought it was so cool to have their own pictures to color. Hope you enjoy it too!

penski 02-13-2012 07:17 PM

thank you for the info

jaciqltznok 02-13-2012 07:46 PM

one day I am going to have to learn the PAINT program..ehhehe
this came out great...and your tute was very well executed!
The ONLY thing I would add is that the fabric needs to be washed and iron first...if there is any oils, sizing, chemicals at all on the fabric...(and they are there even if you can't see them), then the crayon will peel off later down the road!
You need the crayon to really MELT down into the fibers of the fabric!
I love your embroidery accents too! But for those that don't want to do any handwork, Micron pens in different colors work really well for this too!
As for how to finish...make him a FRAME...using a wood toned batik maybe...then make a pillow or wall hanging! He is really pretty!

lizzy 02-14-2012 02:39 AM

Thank you for the great tutorial. You made it sound easy to do!

JanieH 02-14-2012 07:10 AM

Great tutorial! I have patterns for a crayola cat quilt and now think I will try it!

JaniceP 02-14-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by JanieH (Post 4974098)
Great tutorial! I have patterns for a crayola cat quilt and now think I will try it!

I bet it is the one that inspired me to do this, from Black Cat Creations? One of the prettiest quilts that I have ever laid eyes on. I would love to do that one too!

pls1946 02-27-2012 11:12 AM

This is so impressive and beautiful!! Thank you for posting it.

Quilted Dogs 03-03-2012 08:24 PM

beautiful job, so pretty