Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Really Easy Half Square Triangle Blocks

Blog Entries
    Thanks Oma and Pooh's mom.

Blog Entries
    Clever!!!! I didn't know there was so little waste with that method. I might have to try that!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Clever!!!! I didn't know there was so little waste with that method. I might have to try that!!
    If you figure the size of your strips close to what you will need and you place your template close to the last cut there isn't much waste.

To figure your size of strips measure from the middle of your template to one corner then add a 1/4" seam allowance if you are cutting with the strips open. Add a 1/2" if you are using the double seams method.( A seam allowance for each side on the double seams.)

Blog Entries
    I love your idea but afer the first couple od blocks there isn't any printed instructions. Should there be? thanks for all youdo, peterparley

Thank you sooooo much! This makes them seem so much easier that I think I can do them and get them to come out right!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peterparley
    I love your idea but afer the first couple od blocks there isn't any printed instructions. Should there be? thanks for all youdo, peterparley
    If I forget to add a caption to the picture it won't let me go back and add it in. I was dealing with my son on the phone when I added the those pictures figuring I could go back and edit but it wouldn't let me. I discovered the hard way I had to have something in there for words or the system didn't think there was anything to edit and wouldn't let me go back to it. I decided the pictures spoke for themselves well enough I didn't worry about it. If you need any clarification just ask! thanks!

Great tutorial Rhonda! I'm definately going to give it a try. There are so may great quilts out there made with half square triangles and I've always just looked at them and thought "if only". Well, I think with you method "if only" has arrived! Thanks!!!!! :)

Blog Entries
    If you or anyone has any questions Dancing Needle just let me know! I think it is easy to make the HSTs this way. I never liked the idea of cutting squares out with a large template and then sewing and cutting again. This eliminates some of those steps and you don't have to buy any aids to make HSTs with. With the open seam method there are no dogears. The HST should come out accurate if you pay attention to your template having the corners on the seam and don't let the template move as you cut.

well aint that just spiffy?!!

Ok, I have a stupid question, Im really not this dense, but I have had a migraine goin on the second day.

So if my pattern calls for a 4 inch HST I just make myself a 4" template and sew a couple strips and I am ready to go??? It sounds to easy (good) to be true.

Am I thinking right? I am so funny, I can wrap my head around the hardest things, but the easy stuff trips me up.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast