Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 1 - Introduction

Hi and thank you for this! I have EQ7 and can't find "easy draw". I did find the draw button and when I drew a line, I couldn't get it to stop drawing. Every time my curser went past the screen it made a new line. When I finally somehow got just one line I clicked the "color" tab at the bottom and then the colors appeared. When I selected one it colored the entire block as my line was gone. Don't know if I'm in the wrong mode but can't get this to work. Please help. Thank you.

Thank you so much, Rhonda, for this wonderful and easily understood beginning tutorial on EQ! I have version 7 and was able to follow along and play and just had the most fun imaginable! It's not often that I take the time to play around like that and it sure felt good. Your teaching skills are excellent and the steps were very easy to follow. I am really looking forward to the next lesson and more 'play-time'. Thank you so much for giving us your valuable time! I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else taking this class does, too.
    God is good - All the time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew View Post
    Hi and thank you for this! I have EQ7 and can't find "easy draw". I did find the draw button and when I drew a line, I couldn't get it to stop drawing. Every time my curser went past the screen it made a new line. When I finally somehow got just one line I clicked the "color" tab at the bottom and then the colors appeared. When I selected one it colored the entire block as my line was gone. Don't know if I'm in the wrong mode but can't get this to work. Please help. Thank you.
    You need to be sure you go to Worktable.
    Click on Work on Block. This will put the Block tool in your top tool bar

Now you will see the picture below.
    click on Block and then slide over and click on Easy Draw Block

When you get that done then click on the pencil that draws a straight line.
    You only need to do the Easy Draw Block if you need a new block to work on. If you have a block you are using you don't need to go to this step.

The reason your line disappeared is because you have to make sure you start and stop on a dot. it has to be connected to one of the dots that are connected to an already existing line. To begin with this means the lines of the frame. After you connect a line to the frame then you can connect another line to the frame and the line you drew as long as that line connects to the frame.

If you don't connect it that line will disappear. Look at the second picture below and the last picture you can see the short lines didn't stay but the long ones connected to the sides did. As long as you connect to one of those solid lines not just the frame you should be okay.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    Rhonda, when I click on the layout box at the bottom, I get a custom set layout screen. I don't see the screen that you are talking about. I have EQ7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shivrs2000 View Post
    Rhonda, when I click on the layout box at the bottom, I get a custom set layout screen. I don't see the screen that you are talking about. I have EQ7.
    What are you wanting to do? Are you wanting to work on the block I was talking about or to work on a quilt layout?

Blog Entries
    Please, how do i bookmark this? Connie

Quote Originally Posted by connie_1936 View Post
    Please, how do i bookmark this? Connie
    Go to top of page and click on Thread Tools. Click on Subscribe to Thread.

Thank you Rhonda, it now works!

Thanks Rhonda- very helpful.

I have EQ7but have never really played with it. Will you cover that?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast