Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 357

Thread: String Piecing on adding machine paper

  1. #111
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Posts
    6,233
    Still so much I do not know. What is the paper for? Does is give support to the small pieces of fabric?

    Just saw the comment above. Never mind! Thank you for you help!

  2. #112
    pal
    pal is offline
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    1,181
    Hi Sue, thanks for the Tute.

    Went back to see what you've made with your little strips and found the curtains. They are absolutely wonderful!

    The strips on paper are a good project when you want to do something productive but don't want to get into anything too deep - like after you've just cleaned everything up and don't want to make a big mess again. Then, when you're ready to mess up again, your "fabric" is ready. Can't wait to start.

  3. #113
    Super Member sawsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    1,644
    Blog Entries
    40
    I love your work and saw your roll round your avatar pic and the bag the other work
    thanks 4 sharing

  4. #114
    Super Member tjradj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,322
    Blog Entries
    1
    What a fantastic idea! I'll have to borrow that one.

  5. #115
    Member zquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Eastern Maine
    Posts
    91
    When and how do you take the paper off? I loved your quilts done from these strips.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by pal
    Hi Sue, thanks for the Tute.

    Went back to see what you've made with your little strips and found the curtains. They are absolutely wonderful!

    The strips on paper are a good project when you want to do something productive but don't want to get into anything too deep - like after you've just cleaned everything up and don't want to make a big mess again. Then, when you're ready to mess up again, your "fabric" is ready. Can't wait to start.
    exactly!

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by zquilter
    When and how do you take the paper off? I loved your quilts done from these strips.
    Once you are ready to make your blocks take paper off but for some blocks it is easier to just take it off after. Have to try and see which is best for you

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsan
    I love your work and saw your roll round your avatar pic and the bag the other work
    thanks 4 sharing
    THANKS!

  9. #119
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    6,914
    Blog Entries
    4
    Love this idea!!! What a great way to use scraps!

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    i UNDERSTAND THE COOL METHOD, BUT HOW DO YOU USE THESE STRIPS TO COMPLETE A QUILT.
    i GUESS YOU KNOW BY NOW I AM NEW AND NEW TO QUILTING.

    PLEASE SEAND ANY INFO.

    THANKS,

    KATERI3@AOL.COM

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.