Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Wowie!!! It's a QB/BD party - at least I think so.... >

Wowie!!! It's a QB/BD party - at least I think so....

Wowie!!! It's a QB/BD party - at least I think so....

Old 11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Default Wowie!!! It's a QB/BD party - at least I think so....

Today is my BD and I am so blessed. DGD, Miss M has been spending the day. We pieced a tote bag for her sister last night and it is very cool. It was all done by Miss M on a little 99 HC. She loves it because she can control the speed. For her brothers and cousin we made softie robots today - the family party for all the November birthdays is tomorrow so they are just in time.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499802[/ATTACH]
I've gotten cards, emails and a gift and a timely BW from QB members. "The Other Rodney" sent me the most beautiful hand made pen I have ever owned. It feels perfect in my hand. WOW. THANK YOU RODNEY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499805[/ATTACH]
AND Cathy sent me a bobbin winder for my Davis VF that Glenn gave me. WOW - this evening Miss L joined us for pizza and is spending the night so we have been putting that Davis machine to rights and we will sew on it. THANK YOU CATHY - I appreciate getting one that fits perfectly and it works great now.
before:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499806[/ATTACH]
after:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499807[/ATTACH]

Oh and that body bag someone gave me for my BD 3 years ago is still around - I haven't needed it yet. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...n-t169215.html but it was a fun read the other day
Attached Thumbnails softie-robots-025.jpg   softie-robots-007.jpg   softie-robots-003.jpg   davis-bw-001.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you are having a fantastic day.

One time my MIL gave me a nightgown that was so plain. It was just weird, and my husband looked at it and asked me if I asked for it. No, not sure where the idea came from - but oh well, it was her mother that gave us twin sheets for a wedding present. (Which turned out to be handy when we rented a furnished apartment and the 2nd bedroom had twin beds.) And, yes I do wear nightgowns to bed, so I don't believe she was trying to tell me something.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

The robot softies were made from double knit polyester. Miss M and I were discussing something to make for her brothers and cousin. She was looking for something durable, washable, something boy looking and cuddly. Well. I had some double knit I had been playing with for a 'quilt' for them the other week. So I dug out some scraps and we went to town. We made it up as we went along. I think she did a very nice job on the robots.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499817[/ATTACH]

The tote bag was made last night.
Attached Thumbnails softie-robots-024.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 06:45 PM

Happy Birthday! It sounded like a really fun day. There's nothing like blending family and hobby together. What nice projects you finished up. (Homemade gifts are the best!)

Weirdest gift.....A 100% heavy wool sweater. (From my mother-in-law.) We live in Florida. I don't believe It was ever worn. Just too warm here already. lol I guess it's the thought that counts.

Last edited by Judith1005; 11-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:08 PM

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear about your wonderful day.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:55 PM

Happy birthday Miriam! So nice to have such a good day on your BD!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:58 PM

Your DGD has been very productive. The robots are so cute .
Weirdest gift wasn't a gift, per se, but a "birthday cake." It was a cupcake, wrapped in cellophane, from the airplane that a particular family member had saved from her flight. I thought it was just for me (which felt impersonal enough that I was getting airplane food for my 40-something b'day). But no, she said, "Since we're all trying to watch our waistlines, and I haven't had time to bake anything since I got home from Hawaii, I thought you could pass it around and we'll share it."

Really? ??? Yes, really. She was serious.

I was the birthday girl, guest of honor, being asked to share an airplane cupcake with a family of 8.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:46 PM
Banned

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've been having the best fun of all, with family. I don't have a just one embarrassing gift story, the whole day was. About 15 years ago my BFF and SIL(we all worked at the same place) got everyone at work to get me a gag gift from an adult store and gave me a surprise party. The party was at my parents' house so I had to open all those gifts in front of my dad, brothers and other male relatives and coworkers. Extremely embarrassing but lots of fun.

Cari
Old 11-21-2014, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Your DGD has been very productive. The robots are so cute .
Weirdest gift wasn't a gift, per se, but a "birthday cake." It was a cupcake, wrapped in cellophane, from the airplane that a particular family member had saved from her flight. I thought it was just for me (which felt impersonal enough that I was getting airplane food for my 40-something b'day). But no, she said, "Since we're all trying to watch our waistlines, and I haven't had time to bake anything since I got home from Hawaii, I thought you could pass it around and we'll share it."

Really? ??? Yes, really. She was serious.

I was the birthday girl, guest of honor, being asked to share an airplane cupcake with a family of 8.

This is a hilarious story!! Like what??!!! I literally laughed out loud. What a gem.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:42 AM

Happy belated birthday, Miriam! Loved all the weirdest gift stories!