1924 singer..

Old 08-24-2010, 07:50 AM

I want a red-eye so badly!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 AM

Gorgeous! Where did your hubby find this amazing machine? The detailing on the machine is lovely as well. You are going to have a great time ... or is this "his" machine? hehehe!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 AM

hubby found this machine on craigslist in our area.. made a call and the guy was at our local flea market with it.. come to fine out.. the guy that had it.. was the son of a long time work buddy of hubby's.. small world.. he gave him 50 bucks or it...
everytime i look at hubby he is at that darn machine.. and when i see him on his computer he is looking at more machines !! have i started an addiction !!! I HOPE SO !!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Very nice machine and great DH! Is he for rent?

Enjoy the machine, I'm sure it will make bow tucks also!
i did sew a bow tucks on it last night... how did you know !!! ???
Old 08-24-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21
she is very pretty...did you name her yet?
since i put "red" streaks in my hair.. he has named her RED.. fitting huh?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by colleen53
hubby found this machine on craigslist in our area.. made a call and the guy was at our local flea market with it.. come to fine out.. the guy that had it.. was the son of a long time work buddy of hubby's.. small world.. he gave him 50 bucks or it...
everytime i look at hubby he is at that darn machine.. and when i see him on his computer he is looking at more machines !! have i started an addiction !!! I HOPE SO !!
Don't stop him. My DH just got a Singer modle 12 Treadle, and now he is looking for a Singer modle 15-90 to finish my collection. How did we get sooooo lucky?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by colleen53
Add my Bob to the list of addicted ones! Ever since I bought my Singer hand-crank (1951), he's been fascinated with this whole "antique/old" sewing machine thing!

A couple of months back, he found a 1921 Singer (needs work) for $10 at a yard sale. I told him about Billy's tutorial and he's going to use it during the restoration process this winter. (Thanks, Billie!!) So, I'm thinking, where he now has his own machine, he can brag about it! :)

Okay, so last weekend, we go to a antique sewing machine exhibit/show that turned out to be more of a gathering of owners to sew pillow cases. On a side table are items for sale. I'm still saying hello to the show coordinater when, out of the corner of my eye, I see Bob heading out the door with an old Singer under each arm! What the??? He was like a kid in a candy store, running off with a bag of goodies!

I haven't looked up their bio yet so I don't have details other than they are in really bad shape. At $1 each, I'd have guessed that. He bought them thinking he can salvage parts from them to revamp his first machine. To my eye, one looks like it could also be salvaged so I offered to work on that one. This will be our joint winter projects.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Way cool Colleen!!
I too scored a Singer 66 last weekend while looking for a house to buy. Passed by a Yard sale and went back and paid $25.00 for it. I didn't even have to twist hubbys arm!!! Yours looks like the "Red Eye" model. Your decals look very nice. Is it electric? Mine is a treadle in a cabinet.
Does your hubby know how well he scored? Yep he's a keeper..
Hope you have fun with it.
Faith :-D
Old 08-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Oh too funny QBeth!!!
One under each arm huh? ROFL Yep he's got the fever!
I think it's so cool that you are a quilter and your hubby has found common ground with you concerning the machines. I think that's Awesome!!! Please let us know how his machines turn out? Pics would be awesome too and don't forget to take before and afters. I always forget to do that.
Enjoy your new machines.
Faith :-D
Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oldhag
Those are very nice La Vincedora decals. I have a soft spot for these ones. I have one made in 1925, it's in a cabinet. They are so much fun sewing on. My DGD even enjoys using mine. I know you'll enjoy her for many more years. Is this one the foot controller model or the knee one?
Close but not the ones....this is the "Red Eye". The "La Vincedora" decals were on the 28 and 128.

Billy