Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a 301 question........

Miriam, I think I would sew myself to the table if I used an industrial. People are always commenting about how fast I sew. But, honestly, when I'm FMQing (very often) I get the best stitch quality and flow when I'm moving FAST. Maybe an industrial would outdo me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Miriam, I think I would sew myself to the table if I used an industrial. People are always commenting about how fast I sew. But, honestly, when I'm FMQing (very often) I get the best stitch quality and flow when I'm moving FAST. Maybe an industrial would outdo me!
    Candace you would figure out how to make it go as slow as you need to or as fast as you want it to go in time.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I know, I'm only joking;> Really, I have no more room for cabinets and an industrial would take up space I don't have. But, I've always wanted to play with one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I know, I'm only joking;> Really, I have no more room for cabinets and an industrial would take up space I don't have. But, I've always wanted to play with one.
    just grab your super member cape and head on over and we will do some serious playing...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Some day!!

Blog Entries
    my 301A stops immediately......the foot control is very sensitive and it can go really fast of course, but it can also go very slow (like slow motion or hand sewing speed) This was my graduation gift in 1957 and my source of relax/rejuvanate every day.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I played with mine while sewing WOF strips. If I stopped suddenly, I sewed a stitch or two. The reason I haven't had an issue is that I don't stop suddenly - I anticipate a stop coming up and slow down, so I have no extra stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Okay, I played with mine while sewing WOF strips. If I stopped suddenly, I sewed a stitch or two. The reason I haven't had an issue is that I don't stop suddenly - I anticipate a stop coming up and slow down, so I have no extra stitches.
    Yup, this is what I'm talking about.

thanks for all the good answers.......I will check things close and see what is doing........I do love sewing with this one...I rescued it from a Salvation Army store for 32.00, in the nice cabinet, and it was worh every penny !!
    Judy, retired RN, alias 4 dogs and in the mountains of western North Carolina.

Someday you will be a memory - try to make it a good one .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2