9 patch on it's way

Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM

This just goes to show how much we care about our fellow members (our extended family) and their families. Great bunch of folks here at QB.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:36 PM

Rodney. I wish I could send one. but I can't barely even move right now. 4 days ago, I was moving my lathe, must have pulled every muscle i have, from just moving plywood. It feels like I was hit by a Mack truck. what I have on hand isn't even close to what you have plans for ( size and shape)
Old 09-23-2014, 12:53 PM

Very sorry to see that. I hope you're feeling better soon. You just touched on one of my other hobbies. What kind of lathe?
Rodney
Old 09-23-2014, 12:56 PM

Mine's in the mail.... didn't take a picture of it before sending but I'm sure you'll get photos once the quilt is put together.

Miriam, you may not know this but you have been an inspiration for me as I've learned how to clean up and sometimes fix up the machines I've found. Any question I have, you're lickety split with an answer. And your encouraging words helped me to take my first tension apart and put it back together again without a hitch. To be a part of this encouraging quilt for your DIL is an honor. My prayer is that she will have a speedy and 100% recovery and you and your son will be able to take a full breath (without worry) again soon. If I do get a chance to go visit my sister in Indy this year, I'll be sure to plan a quick visit to shake your hand (and maybe a hug) to thank you in person for all you do.

Nanna-up-North (Jean)
Old 09-23-2014, 01:04 PM

Thank you Nanna!
Rodney
Old 09-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by monopas View Post
I'm choosing fabrics and will probably press today. The sewing won't get done until this weekend because I still can't sew in a straight line and my mother won't have time until then. Should get sent out Monday.
PM coming your way.

Cari
Old 09-23-2014, 01:19 PM

Rodney mine went in the mail this am.
Skip
Old 09-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

WOW! I'm amazed and VERY surprised! WOW! Everyone one on QB has been so supportive. She was thrilled with just getting cards. The head of hospitality went to her room the day she left to see who it was that had so many friends! She will be over the moon with a quilt! She has been sharing her cards in the re-hab. There are stories from people and lots of encouragement. Ashlea is learning things over by leaps and bounds. She has surprised everybody, including herself. She got up out of the chair today and walked by herself!!! Ssssssooooo... she may be out of there in less than 3 weeks at least that is her goal. She would go home today if they would let her and if she could manage... I do not know the extent of what she is dealing with. She still has to learn to use her left hand, some speech therapy and I don't know what else but at least she is walking again and earlier than expected. Today she had to cook as part of her therapy. My son wants to know why she had to have a stroke to learn to cook??? She baked cookies for the first time in her life today and loved it and gave some of them away. I guess I should go back and post her whole story so everybody knows what is going on.

Ashlea is a childhood cancer survivor. She lives each day to it's fullest she has a tumor on her pituitary gland. It is benign and she has medication for all of that. She is a picture of sunshine. She has been wonderful for my son. They have been married about 10 months now. He met her 10+ years ago when we were on vacation in Florida. The two of them emailed back and forth and spent time when ever we went on vacation over the next few years. Eventually she went her way and he went his. Two years ago he was very down on his luck plus his car was T-boned by a drunk driver so her dad suggested she contact him. She did. While he was healing up from all that pain, they emailed and talked on the phone caught up for all the years they had been out of contact. Then last October he moved to Florida and he married her on the beach in November.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago we got a call from our son. He said Ashlea was not feeling well. He took her to Urgent Care and they told him to take her somewhere else. He took her to her cancer doctor. He did a scan and sent her to the ER. They had a team waiting for her - she'd had a stroke. After another scan, they did some surgery at about 3pm. A couple days later they were going to move her to a room but did a scan to make sure things were ok and found that she may have had another stroke. So instead of moving out of intensive care she had more surgery. At theat point the doctor said she had lost about 20% of brain capacity. During the surgery things didn't look so good. The surgery team sent someone out to tell my son they had done all they could... Not what you want to hear about is it? Prayers went up and the doctor did something innovative that is now medical history and will help a lot more stroke patients. She has had some set backs and some things go forward. It took about an extra week to get out of the hospital and into re-hab. She is there now and like I mentioned above learning to do things over and learning some new things. I'm sure she is spreading her own brand of sunshine all over that re-hab center, too. She is a very special gal. She is 27 - young for a stroke but also young enough to get her health back. My son said he isn't going to baby her so she has pulled up her big girl panties and dug into the re-hab. Her job was working in the prison in admitting and nobody messes with Ashlea. She has a lot of friends on the police force in Naples. We don't know if she will be able to go back to that job but they will find something to keep her busy when she is ready. I'm betting she will over come all the odds. I can't thank you all on QB enough.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Singerguy: Not a problem. It's going to take some time for everything to get here anyway.

Also if we get more than we need for the front and bag, there's always a matching totebag or something. Every block will be used.

Rodney
There's always pillowcases that can be made as well.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Miriam, I just hope you're not mad at me for not including you from the beginning.
Rodney
I have been oblivious - nope not mad. I did wonder why you wanted to know her favorite color. I don't really know what it would be. I would say though, that she loves color. When they were here in June I taught her to sew on a hand crank sewing machine and she made a crazy quilt block.