9 patch on it's way

Old 09-26-2014, 01:28 PM

I'm hoping it will work better for embroidery once I come up with a feed dog cover plate for one of my machines. I think that the cover plate will improve the action of the foot. I've got some cover plates, but I can't find them. I don't think it will ever work well for FMQ, even with a cover plate. Too much needle sticking out to move the fabric far enough. Darning requires lots of stitches in a small space, so I think this foot is better suited for darning or embroidery.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 09-26-2014, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Oh the plate! I have one of them with the little foot thing - don't know how it works either... But won't a foot still go on the presser bar? Or do you just use that thing on the needle?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

http://calebhawkins.bandcamp.com/track/tried-and-true That one is my favorite.
You can just play the song - punch the arrow - you don't have to download it to hear it.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by lmc8 View Post
I am not a part of the guru clan therefore understandably not pre-invited to participate in this care package, but I am a benefactor of Miriam's and other QB members responses, therefore I whipped this 9-patch up this morning to send along. It will be on it's way in the mail this afternoon. My blessings to Ashlea for a quick recovery.
I wasn't trying to separate anyone out. I just didn't think about the sheer size of the group when I had the idea to surprise Miriam with this project. You're one of the many reasons why I'm so happy this went public. Great looking block!
Thank You!
Rodney

The floodgates are starting to open. 7 packages in the mail today!

It looks like you can mail a block in a regular envelope and only have to pay regular postage so those who haven't mailed yet can save some money that way.

I received packages today from Glenn, Nanna-up-North, zozee, sdhaevrsi,crossstitcher(nice cross stitch center BTW),
liking quilting, and soman2-the other Rodney-today. All the blocks are beautiful!
Thank you everyone!
Rodney
Old 09-26-2014, 08:01 PM

Good to know that about mailing in a regular envelope with only one stamp, because that's what I did! It went out yesterday, from Eastern WA, so you should receive it in Western WA in a week or two at most! I'm afraid I spelled Ashlea's name wrong...with an "H" at the end...so perhaps the "H" can stand for "Happy!" Because I'm sure she is going to be very happy when she sees how many people care for her and for her MIL, Miriam!

Looks like they are well on the way to a quilt, new pillow covers, maybe a tote bag or two, placemats, napkins, kitchen towels,.... and so much more!

Rodney, I think you are just wonderful to do so much to make this happen for Ashlea. Kudos to you!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:30 AM

I'm not sure how many blocks I have here at this point. A lot of people are sending multiples, enough so that the back may be all blocks as well. I'll wait until all or at least most of them are here to start.
Right now signed blocks get priority for the front. Roserips suggested sashing in between when we were talking about doing this and I agree, the individual blocks will stand out more and it will make it easier to fit all the blocks together.
There's still a lot undecided that will have to wait until all the blocks are here.
Rodney
Old 09-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I just got back from the post office.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:33 AM

Thanks Miriam!
Rodney
Old 09-27-2014, 09:20 AM

Despite the havoc and chaos here, I am bravely going to use the newest machine in the house (Pfaff 1222se from the 80's that actually can go slow) and attempt to sew the blocks myself. Maybe the magic of the IDT and West German engineering will bless my first sewing project.

Or I'll send you the resulting mess for a good laugh.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Rodney,

I'll have two squares in the mail Monday. Been trying to get them done and to you, but we're still in a mess from the flooded basement. I couldn't find my fabric stash so I had to use left over squares from the quilts and whacky bags.

I sent you an email, did you get it? If not let me know before Monday.

Joe