9 patch on it's way

Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Rodney you really did a great job with this quilt. My humble contribution was just pushing a few buttons on a computer with a needle, what you did is nothing short of spectacular.

Cari
Old 11-16-2014, 08:00 PM

Hot heart-warming this whole project has been. What fun to see the photos of the finished projects! It's a good feeling to have participated in helping with this worthwhile gift!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Power Poster

OH DEAR. Caleb says they posted pictures and send a note to everybody on QB but I can't find it on here...
Old 11-17-2014, 03:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by elnan View Post
It looks to me like everything is a digital download, MP3, etc, so no CD that I could find. I even tried Amazon.com and it too, offers his music in digital download only, same for a website called CDBaby. Seems odd that something called CDBaby would have only downloads. Tell that super talented young man that most of us are like the old sewing gear we love to play with. Guess I will have to find someone to hold my hand through the purchase of an MP3 player and how to use it. I would download Caleb's music right before Seeger & Guthrie,s.
He is no big star, just a musician now in Naples Florida. He plays music in some of the dives, festivals and private parties and has CDs available there. He's been known to stand on street corners and play for tips - usually around here... I was a bit horrified but he said he learned a lot... Someone tried to rob him once - he had money in the guitar case. He said he really was starving so when the guy reached in to take his money he stood on the guitar case with the guy's hand still in his case. The cop stood there and laughed. The guy's buddies stood there and laughed. He took off right quick after the song ended.... Caleb plays session work, he records other people's music, he plays in other people's bands, records other people's stuff, he runs sound - in other words old fashioned starving musician... but we love him and love the music he writes, plays and sings. I'm his biggest fan. He says he has some CDs available - he also says he's never mailed any so he will have to figure that out. Not our generation now is he??? And you are right he's been on a Guthrie and Seeger type show before. The only time I ever need ear plugs was when he went through a faze with some kind of electric guitar. The day he bought a fiddle at a flea market I was a bit concerned. I was thinking about stopping off somewhere and buying ear plugs but I lent him my last dime to buy the fiddle. He got the fiddle out and started playing it on the way home. I was floored. He just picked it up and took off. He said something about mandolin cords. What ever. I'm no musician - I can't get a tune out of a radio.

Last edited by miriam; 11-17-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:53 AM

Here's a link to Ashlea & Caleb's post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t256927.html
Old 11-17-2014, 11:00 AM

Always on the days I don't turn the computer on...

Rodney, it really is a stunning achievement. Your work is beautiful, and appreciated by the gifters and giftees. Thank you again.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Power Poster

She's had some big problems with medication and cramping. When she does, that quilt has been a real comfort to her. Thanks to everybody again.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
She's had some big problems with medication and cramping. When she does, that quilt has been a real comfort to her. Thanks to everybody again.
I think it is a little dusty in here. Or someone is cutting onions. Yep, that must be it.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by monopas View Post
I think it is a little dusty in here. Or someone is cutting onions. Yep, that must be it.
something like that - chocolate might help
Old 12-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
something like that - chocolate might help
Chocolate helps anything. More T&P going out.

Cari