Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Another little lady - White Peerless

Another little lady - White Peerless

When I first saw pictures of this, I really liked it even though she's in need of a new paint job. Thought it was odd that she had "electric" on the arm and all - for her style.

After getting her home and giving her a good looking over, it's obvious this is a repaint. She's refereed to as "Peerless- later style" and I expect was made in the 1880-1890 range. (based on serial number and style) Would have originally been a hand crank which was removed to put on the motor. The machine does have parts of a dealer sticker on the pillar, mostly worn off.

Here you can see that the decals used weren't for a 3/4 size machine.

The case is not factory made - yet is nicely done. Based on the case construction and materials, DH and I estimate this was done in the 40-50's. Which is the time frame a lot of 50 year old machines got refurbished and sent out.

This is the flywheel - has a little key that you lift to disengage the machine from the wheel. Pretty neat.

And if you are wondering, she takes the standard White shuttle with the pin in the middle.

This one is a good candidate for another repaint. I was thinking of getting a set of Red Eye decals (though I wouldn't use the Singer name) and turning her into a REW.

And for those of you not familiar with rabbits - that stands for "Red Eyed White"
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

this looks like a White VS2 I thought it was a VS1, but I missed the straight arm

I had to take a few more pictures - next to the Singer 28 for comparison.

This really is a cute little machine.

My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

wow, that is small... Very cool.. Hand crank version, on my list....

Neat machine! Interesting bit of history with the refit though I would have liked to see it in it's original form too.
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    I worked on a Peerless when I was in Florida - I did shoot a couple pics when she was ready to leave.
    Name:  January 2014 094.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  131.4 KB
    Name:  January 2014 093.JPG
Views: 298
Size:  130.3 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Just a couple more pictures (yes, she's my newest grandbaby!)

Here she is with her Big Sister.

Very cool pics with the New Queen!
    Miriam, that swing away hand crank is neat!
    I'm getting more interested in hand crank machines though I don't own a proper one yet. I like the control you have when working with fiddly things like applique.
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    Very cool pics with the New Queen!
    Miriam, that swing away hand crank is neat!
    I'm getting more interested in hand crank machines though I don't own a proper one yet. I like the control you have when working with fiddly things like applique.
    Rodney
    I want one that does decorative stitches. I haven't found one I like yet.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill