Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Another White Rotary and it's $20 !!! >

Another White Rotary and it's $20 !!!

Another White Rotary and it's $20 !!!

Old 01-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Default Another White Rotary and it's $20 !!!

hi all,

tell me if i should push the button. this one is local and $20. seller said that the cabinet is so nice. pictures i got from CL is kinda blurry but i can clearly tell that it's a white rotary. seller can meet me at a place near me as she's driving by at my area. such a nice lady to bring it. the catch is - she need to ask her husband if they can bring it. the reason i am asking is i am not so familiar with white rotary. thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails cl-1.jpg   cl-2.jpg   cl-3.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Make sure you take some one with you and meet like at a WAlmart or bank parking lot where there will be a lot of surveillance cameras. If they want you to go pick it up still take a couple of friends. $20.00 sounds almost too good to be true! Especially, if it's been on CL because surely they've looked at the other ads and seen other machines.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Make sure you take some one with you and meet like at a WAlmart or bank parking lot where there will be a lot of surveillance cameras. If they want you to go pick it up still take a couple of friends. $20.00 sounds almost too good to be true! Especially, if it's been on CL because surely they've looked at the other ads and seen other machines.
she seems to be a nice lady. she said she's retiring and getting rid of all the things they don't need. at first she asked me why i want it and i said it's for me as i sew a lot. then when she found out i am about 1.5 hours from her she said it's not worth it. then she said we're going up north to check on our retirement home and i can meet you somewhere near there. but thanks a lot for the advise and i will make sure we're all safe.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Banned

that looks awesome. even better than the one i am selling! go for it!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:58 PM

I say go for it. I met someone passing through in a park and ride once to get a $25 white featherweight for a friend. Couldn't beat the price, even if it was missing the bobbin winder and I couldn't do a test run. Nervous as heck, but all was well- great machine. Sometimes too good to be true is really good Karma paying a visit.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:22 PM

I'd buy that one in a heart beat - but I really don't need four White machines LOL!! I really adore that style cabinet, and have needed to sit on my hands a few times already as I don't have room!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:11 PM

great. thanks guys. really appreciate the advise. hopefully she agrees to drive and bring it up here (fingers crossed) and i will get it for sure.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 PM

I usually don't have any problems picking up cabinets/machines from craigslist. Every person I have met had them ready usually at the end of the garage or something.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

It sure is a nice machine for 20.00!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:36 PM

I'd go for it. Nice Martha Washington cabinet. I haven't had any bad experiences with CL sellers yet. There's better bait than an old sewing machine if you are out to cause trouble. Sounds to me that they just want to get the machine gone.
Rodney