Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Blessed with a Husqvarna 500 Computerized Machine >

Blessed with a Husqvarna 500 Computerized Machine

Blessed with a Husqvarna 500 Computerized Machine

Old 10-27-2014, 07:09 AM

Default Blessed with a Husqvarna 500 Computerized Machine

My girlfriend told me recently that she had a sewing machine that she wanted to give me. I didn't give it much thought at the time, and she didn't even know what the machine was. On Friday, she brought the machine to me. I was shocked, amazed and delighted when I removed the case top and saw that it is a Husqvarna 500 Computerized machine that looks brand new! It has the manual, 10 bobbins and about a half-dozen presser feet with it. WOW! I am still beyond words!

Does anyone know if a walking foot from a Janome MC9000 will work on it, or any other feet from the Janome? I haven't tried them yet. My Janome bit the dust, so I've been using my vintage machines for a couple of years now. I welcome any tips on using this precious gift!!

My girlfriend (and her husband) who gifted me with this machine owns apple, peach, plum, apricot orchards and wine grape vineyards as well as raising vegetables (during the summer). One of the QB members posted a photo of a quilt she made from Patchworks Plus out of Canada called "Vintage Patchwork." The quilt appeared to be a row by row quilt. I have a pic of the pattern, but it is PDF format. This quilt pattern totally depicts the area where we live with the orchards, vineyards, rivers, sunshine, etc. I would absolutely love to make one of these quilts for my precious friends as a thank-you gift, but I have been unsuccessful in locating the pattern anywhere. A few friends have tried searching, to no avail. If anyone has the pattern or knows someone who is willing to part with it, I will be happy to purchase it, or if they don't want to sell it and would loan it, I will take excellent care of it and return it promptly. Any help is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails husquavarna-500_-640x589-400x368-.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Husquavarna 500.jpg (221.4 KB, 451 views)

Last edited by ladydukes; 10-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:01 AM

Ooooooooo, congratulations. Have you done any experimenting with it yet. Keep us posted. I do hope one of us offers you the pattern you are needing. If you can find it in a quilting magazine, let me know, year and issue, and I'll look for it (I have a ton of quilting magazines from about 1999 up to sometime last year.).
Old 10-27-2014, 11:52 AM

I used to have this machine. Viking and Janome feet don't tend to be interchangeable. What a nice friend.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:04 PM

Congrats on the great gift!
Rodney
Old 10-27-2014, 02:07 PM

Husqvarnas will only take Husqvarna feet. The machines are divided into seven different classes and some of the feet and bobbins from class 5 (just an example) will not fit a class 1 machine (ask me how I know). Husqvarna feet are quite a bit more money than the feet for a Janome (sorry) but I'm quite sure that you will like this machine.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 PM

http://www.oocities.org/patchworksplus/vintage.htm
Is this the one you are looking for?

Patchworks "Plus"
32 Main Street West L3M 1R4 905-945-3855 , Fax: 905-945-6282
Store Hours: Mon-Thur 9:00 to 5:30
Fri 9:00 to 8:00
Sat 9:00 to 5:00
Sun CLOSED Owner: Barb Tomlinson Specializing in: Quilting, Needlearts, Fashion Fabrics, Books, Classes, Gifts
On the Web at: ca.geocities.com/patchworksplus E-mail: [email protected]
Comments: Great Store and Super Staff.
Always helpful!

However the website is not active.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57 View Post
http://www.oocities.org/patchworksplus/vintage.htm
Is this the one you are looking for?

Patchworks "Plus"
32 Main Street West L3M 1R4
Suzanne57 left out the town & province in the address.

Complete address is:

Patchworks "Plus"
32 Main Street West
Grimsby, Ontario
L3M 1R4
Canada
Old 10-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Oops, sorry, I just copied and pasted and didn't realize that I didn't have the complete address. I hope they are still in business.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:55 PM

I have that exact machine, and for over twenty years it has never given me a reason to regret my purchase. Do note Not all Viking feet fit all machines. There are different "classes" of Vikings and feet are specific to that class. I have the walking foot for that machine... and yes it was the most expensive foot I ever purchased... but it still is in use after 18 years of use.
As for the Janome foot working on this machine I highly doubt it. I bought a foot manufactured by White thinking that both Viking and White were manufactured by the same parent company.... and maybe save a couple bucks .... NOPE ... the feet with the White name were off by just a millimeter.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:22 PM

I have a Viking 550. Pretty much the same machine. I bought it because I read really nice reviews on it. The Viking feet are as everyone says...you gotta stick with the Viking feet and the correct class for your machine. Your Lily takes Group 6 feet like mine. I have the walking foot and yes it was expensive but it's really nice. I haven't compared to my other machines because it's my go-to machine for the walking foot lol! Congrats!