Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine >

Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine

Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine

Old 11-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Default Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine

I just bought this small Child's Singer sewing machine at auction for $60.00. Did I pay too much? It does not have a manual or needle...does anyone have a source to purchase them. It does have the bobbin. I would be very appreciative of any information regarding this child's machine.
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails childs-singer-sewing-machine.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 02:16 PM

I've got one of those, I'll be looking forward to any info you find on it.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:32 PM

I don't know much about them, but I believe there should be a C-clamp with it to be used to hold it in place on a table. It sure is cute!
Dayle
Old 11-29-2011, 03:53 AM

There is a dealer on ebay who sells needles especially for toy machines. I don't think you paid too much. Most of these little cuties go for even more than that. I have the same one. It came with a C clamp to hold it to the table while sewing.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 AM

I received one as a child and never did get it to actually sew correctly but I use it as a sewing room decoration. I lived on a farm and was more interested in being a tomboy. Who could have known I would love to sew and own a millenial supply of fabric.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 AM

I have been looking at the toy sewing machines, it a good price. They go for 50-100. Different ones go way up.
I bought one for 60, black singer in great shape, but it never came. Luckly I paid pay pal and they got my money
back. My son told me Mom you paid what for a old toy, then said you know what if your happy, it is a collectors item,
will go up in price, you will be happy every time you look at it in your case, it a good deal.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Fair price, see if you can get a clamp somewhere. I have a black one. They are a chain stitch machine and I've yet to get mine to work properly. However, it's a great decoration for my sewing room and my 7 yr. old granddaughter loves it. I got it for her one Christmas and she loves to play with it, even it if doesn't sew very well. My sewing machine repair fellow was able to get me a needle for it.....
Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham View Post
I just bought this small Child's Singer sewing machine at auction for $60.00. Did I pay too much? It does not have a manual or needle...does anyone have a source to purchase them. It does have the bobbin. I would be very appreciative of any information regarding this child's machine.
Thank you.
I also received one of these for Christmas one year. It sews with a chain stitch, but I could never get it to work correctly. It should have a case and c-clamp which holds it to a table which is part of the inside of the case. I do have the manual with mine, but it is in storage at this time. I believe it was called "Sew Handi or Handy". I have seen lots of them on ebay, you might be able to find the manual there.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:39 AM

It's a model 20, Sew Handy. The spousal unit paid more than that for mine, so yep! You got a good deal. It should have the C clamp, but you can use about any C clamp.
As soon as I get time, I'm planning to make a PDF of the manual, I'd be happy to share it with you!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM

I've got one! I paid $60 after shipping. My "Singer" man got me a needle. I do have a plan for something I want to use it for but I've been so busy with other projects that I haven't used it yet. I love Goodwill.com