Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine

Blog Entries

Child's hand-crank Singer Sewing Machine

I just bought this small Child's Singer sewing machine at auction for $60.00. Did I pay too much? It does not have a manual or needle...does anyone have a source to purchase them. It does have the bobbin. I would be very appreciative of any information regarding this child's machine.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You can choose to live your live as though nothing is a miracle; or as though everything is a miracle!

I've got one of those, I'll be looking forward to any info you find on it.

I don't know much about them, but I believe there should be a C-clamp with it to be used to hold it in place on a table. It sure is cute!
    Dayle

There is a dealer on ebay who sells needles especially for toy machines. I don't think you paid too much. Most of these little cuties go for even more than that. I have the same one. It came with a C clamp to hold it to the table while sewing.
    Karen in Kentucky

I received one as a child and never did get it to actually sew correctly but I use it as a sewing room decoration. I lived on a farm and was more interested in being a tomboy. Who could have known I would love to sew and own a millenial supply of fabric.

Blog Entries
    I have been looking at the toy sewing machines, it a good price. They go for 50-100. Different ones go way up.
    I bought one for 60, black singer in great shape, but it never came. Luckly I paid pay pal and they got my money
    back. My son told me Mom you paid what for a old toy, then said you know what if your happy, it is a collectors item,
    will go up in price, you will be happy every time you look at it in your case, it a good deal.

Fair price, see if you can get a clamp somewhere. I have a black one. They are a chain stitch machine and I've yet to get mine to work properly. However, it's a great decoration for my sewing room and my 7 yr. old granddaughter loves it. I got it for her one Christmas and she loves to play with it, even it if doesn't sew very well. My sewing machine repair fellow was able to get me a needle for it.....
    Lynda K
    down on the farm in S.W. Ontario Canada, when I'm not at the trailer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Ingham View Post
    I just bought this small Child's Singer sewing machine at auction for $60.00. Did I pay too much? It does not have a manual or needle...does anyone have a source to purchase them. It does have the bobbin. I would be very appreciative of any information regarding this child's machine.
    Thank you.
    I also received one of these for Christmas one year. It sews with a chain stitch, but I could never get it to work correctly. It should have a case and c-clamp which holds it to a table which is part of the inside of the case. I do have the manual with mine, but it is in storage at this time. I believe it was called "Sew Handi or Handy". I have seen lots of them on ebay, you might be able to find the manual there.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    It's a model 20, Sew Handy. The spousal unit paid more than that for mine, so yep! You got a good deal. It should have the C clamp, but you can use about any C clamp.
    As soon as I get time, I'm planning to make a PDF of the manual, I'd be happy to share it with you!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I've got one! I paid $60 after shipping. My "Singer" man got me a needle. I do have a plan for something I want to use it for but I've been so busy with other projects that I haven't used it yet. I love Goodwill.com
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast