Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Alert! Huge Lot Singer Hand Crank Treadle Sewing Machines 70+ near Canton

Ebay Alert! Huge Lot Singer Hand Crank Treadle Sewing Machines 70+ near Canton

Hello!

There is a new listing on ebay. If you live near Canton, OH, this is something to consider! Just thought someone might be interested. Being a "techno-weenie" I don't know how to post a link, but check it out!

Mo-rie

Is this it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-SIN...item4171d51da2

Not far from me, but what would I do with all that!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

wow lot of sewing machines. sorry to here that her husband passed. i see a lot of work to get them in selling order. but there is a lot that are in working order. good price for all. i think...
    ​debra

TeeHee, I want a new machine but had something a bit more computerized than that!!!

Wow!! I sure wished I lived closer. I'd buy those in a heartbeat. Don't know what I'd do with them, but I'd sure get them. LOL

If I had a shop, and some extra cash, I'd go for those. That lot would keep me busy for quite a while.

Did you see the yellow irons?

Joe

I don't "need" any more machines either except for a black long-bed 301 and a 201. After that I will devote my time and energy into reducing the stash so I don't put my DH in the same situation as this poor widow, except my collection is mostly fabric!

Wow. Looks like Heaven to me.

Wow! That looks like a fun collection. I don't think she has the Featherweights she thinks, unless I looked at the picture wrong before I've had enough coffee!

I didnt know where to post because I'm brand new to the site I can create a topic but here it goes...

Hello everyone I am new to this community and a brand new quilter. Im in the process of finishing my first lap quilt.
    I have made this quilt with a Kenmore sears machine (http://www.etsy.com/listing/10928622...g-machine-with) I love my machine and only paid $25 for it. I love it so much that much I sold my newer basic singer because it just didn't cut it, it game me too much trouble.
    Anyway I have 2 older machines as well that I purchased one of them is a singer 560 Diana and I paid $50 for it but it came with the original and an amazing table for it and in very good condition...anyways I sold the table (which I regret) due to lack of space and now my Diana wont work the same it has a tension problem that I just cant fix (http://possumjimandelizabeth.com/xht...g_sing560.html) my other machine is a White 764 http://mivintagesewingmachines.blogs...white-764.html and I have not been able to use it either. First one of the tension pieces was broken so I got a new one and replaced it but something was off and when I tried to pull it out I messed up the spring, stretched it and now its nou usable. I plan to get them fixed eventually but my question is that with all this old machines there is something that can go wrong and may need some repair sooner than later. I am interested on another oldie and I just love it. Its a Singer 66 and it comes with the table and stool, seem in pretty rough condition but the machine supposedly works fine except that the tension may need adjustment ..go figure lol anyhow I really want this machine and my question is....is it really worth $50 or should I try to get it for less? The person selling it has never used it. She had the machine in storage and it belonged to her mom.

I live 3 hours away. It's tempting to drive down with a U-Haul and pick them up but I have no space for so many machines in my apartment! Too bad!!

I have a 1925 66 in treadle and love it. I use it mostly for piecing, but it sews like a dream. I would definitely pay $50 for one.

I didn't see any Featherweights in the entire lot.

Don't you wish we all could buy them and split them up among us? LOL

I live way to far away.

I have to admit, hubby and I took a good look at all those machines - and the price - and discussed. It would be a great buy in my retirement. Unfortunately ... I'm not retired!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post

you learn to fix them up - LOL
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    I didn't see any Featherweights in the entire lot.
    I don't think there are any. If anyone bids on that, please be very careful. The ad says there are 18 featherweights, 4 in cabinets and one of them is labeled 99k. I truly believe this person has mistaken 3/4 sized singers for featherweights. The value is completely different if there aren't 18 featherweights in that lot.

As another note though, it does say take one or take all.... perhaps a person could pick and choose what they wanted if they were close enough.... take documentation with you though as to what a featherweight really is.

Great deal for someone who lives close and has a big truck!

There is NO Featherweights in the mix. She's confusing the single alpha digit serial numbers as FWs. I've studied those pics and drooled and slobbered over them. If I had the $500 and a place to store them while I worked 'em over I'd buy 'em.

Lots of nice machines in there.

Joe

Blog Entries
    HHHMMMMM anybody want to divide it up???
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    HHHMMMMM anybody want to divide it up???
    Nope, I want 'em all. I want to be the one to clean and refurbish then sell and make some money .... for a change. After I'd pick out the ones ( just a few ) I'd keep, I'd be glad to give all the QB members a big discount.

Joe

Moderators, that wasn't a sales pitch I just made up there, just a fantasy ....

Joe

Blog Entries
    I have been looking for a Singer treadle. Just because they are so pretty. I drove thru Canton over the weekend. Wish I had known I could have stopped and loked. About 20 miles from me.

I've seriously considered a bid because we will be going through there in a couple of weeks, but yes, the seller has no idea what she has, and there aren't any featherweights. I sent her a message but no reply. She's set herself up for having ro refund the purchase price and potentially lose those machines because the buyer can easily open a SNAD case against her and get a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post

Good GRAVY!! Wouldn't we all love to pick through that! Cabinets, cases, machines...oh my!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast