Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Christmas Gift: Singer Featherweight 221 - need accessories

Blog Entries
    Oooh... what does this mean:

"remember to thread from the inside out."

Oh, and I forgot to tell the story. This FW (no, we haven't named her yet) was a wedding gift to a woman who never learned how to sew. It spent the last 60+ years in an attic. Hardly/ever used.

jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Quote Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
    Oooh... what does this mean:

"remember to thread from the inside out."

Oh, and I forgot to tell the story. This FW (no, we haven't named her yet) was a wedding gift to a woman who never learned how to sew. It spent the last 60+ years in an attic. Hardly/ever used.

All it means is when you thread your needle you thread it right to left - inside the harp toward the outside. Featherweight needles go in side ways unlike today's machines with front facing needles.

I too got a 221 in excellent condition - looks like it has never been used other then a meldew smell in the carrying case. Mine even has the original manual but you can replace that on e-bay. The attachments are the foot hemmer, adjustable hemmer, multiple slotted binder, an attachment for piping & one to bind outside curves, adding french folds , an edge stitcher & one for shirring & lets not forget the ruffler. Wow! Good luck w/ yours, I plan on using mine at classes.

Blog Entries
    I lost the QB name of the person who offered to send me some accessories. I want to thank her (?). I came home from holiday travels to a package of wonderful accessories for my new Featherweight. How incredibly generous! THank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
    jillaine
    Bust Your Stash! (ongoing and open)

Blog Entries
    Wow, shespretty. Sorry, no bobbins

What a wonderful gift, and appears to be in great condition! My aunt gave me her singer featherweight over 20 years ago, and neither of us knew at that time what a treasure it was. I still thank her for it every Christmas when I see her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3