Dumpster find

Old 11-16-2015, 06:56 AM

I've heard "plug it up" too, from a friend in S. Carolina. And for what it's worth, I teased him about it too - never hear that phrased that way over here on the left coast. I also teased him for calling shopping carts, "buggies". But the teasing was friendly, he didn't mind and just teased me right back for calling pop, "soda". (Which is, of course, totally backwards.) ;-)

I thought it was a harmless/friendly joke, too bad the original poster took it as an insult.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
I got the joke, and thought it was a friendly and innocent bit of humor and wit. It was the type that used to make visiting on the internet lots of fun. Unfortunately, we’re getting to be such a politically correct world now that kidding and joking is one of the things that is no longer allowed. That’s why I have almost quit posting.

CD in Oklahoma
Is this why you quit posting
I may be the only one to miss your twisted sense of humor.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:15 AM

I love that wonderful little ignore button in my settings, I use it for the peeps that I find always interject opinions that are off topic, critical, rude, mean spirited or just plain stupid or always derailing threads by poking fun,
so if you are constantly bugged by someone's posts and you do not find most of their input beneficial to you or the forum, HIT that ignore button.

You can also report them along with the offensive posts to the moderator. That's what moderators are for and I have found the mods of this forum to be very good about taking care of these kinds of posts.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Manalto View Post
When it comes to that, you'll probably want to plug it IN.
I found his reply to be off topic, unhelpful to the OP in any way and critical of how someone talks. My Italian boyfriend from Brooklyn always said close the lights. Depends on where you are from what type of grammer you use and to have someone on a sewing forum call you out in front of everyone for what they consider to be improper grammer is just rude! He wasn't joking, there was no LOL, or smiley or any softening of the reply. Hopefully the moderators will remove the offensive post and the OP will return. Running people off of a forum this way is just bad form.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Anxious to see your photos, pics, etc. whatever anyone wants to call them. I knew what you meant as I'm sure others did. My uncle always said to juice it. My DH refers to most containers as buckets, no matter what they are. When it comes to grammar and spelling often it isn't because we are not proficient in spelling, the fingers get old and tired and often there's a short between the fingers and the brain waves and the keyboard. That is a lot of connection to be had. I am not perfect and will never be and never was. If some one doesn't like the way I type or think, they can go on down the road. The subject at hand is we are anxious more about some photos of your find. I personally don't care how you get it running just do what works for you in your terms not anyone else's. On the other side of the clouds the sun is shining and the good Lord will wave them on past, bye, out of the way!
Old 01-16-2016, 01:37 PM

I hate to see someone take offense over a joke. I'm certainly not perfect, could never be. There was only one man who ever walked the fact of this earth who was perfect and they nailed him to a tree! I always TRY to use correct grammar and spell correctly -- that doesn't mean that I'm always perfect because I'm not. I've worked all my life as a secretary/legal assistant, a job which requires "good" spelling and "good" grammar (NOT PERFECT). But, I've learned to look up spelling and grammar questions. I don't want to criticize anyone whose spelling/grammar is not as good as it might or could be. A good sense of humor is far more important, so I hope no one on this Board thinks I've criticized him or her. Again, I TRY NOT to criticize anyone for spelling or grammar errors. The operative word is "TRY"! That's all anyone can do!

Jeanette

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 01-16-2016 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Don't want to offend anyone.
Old 01-16-2016, 04:32 PM

Off the cuff comment or joke gone horribly awry.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:17 PM

Lucky you! Let us know when you get it working. Please don't leave the board because someone unwittingly offended you. 99% of the folks on here are genuinely nice.