Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Featherweight

How wonderful. I would like to see more pictures. I have two FWs. One better than the other.

Blog Entries
    Open that foot pedal and if it has white ceramic plates, it may be not be a good idea to use it. Mine overheated and several members of the vintage board says they are not safe to use.

That's a wonderful find.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
    You can find out a lot of information about Featherweight history, including entries about the various foot controls and the cases, here:

http://thefeatherweight221factory.com/page11.php

I'm curious about the third picture showing the serial number, the last 3 numbers aren't visible, is it just the picture or have they been tampered with? There is an interesting story about AD series machines and altered numbers at this same site.

Not to worry, the serial# is complete, just chose not to show the whole number. Nothing has been tampered with.
    Thanks for the link, they have written some great information. Too bad a lot of photos are not displayed on the earlier articles though.

She's a real beauty! It never ceases to amaze me that people have so little regard for these wonderful things which depict our history! I would never be able to part with a machine like this! Of course, I can't afford to collect antique machines, but I can sure admire someone else's collection. She's wonderful and I'm really happy for your DH find!

Congrats.

Jeanette Frantz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3