Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Foot pedal for older type brother

Talking Foot pedal for older type brother

I have no idea if this is the right area to post this but anyway here goes
    My daughter has one of the first Brother embroidery types machines from the early 70's. Here in Australia they were made with a blue top which you opened to insert the black plastic cams
    She needs a new foot pedal for it. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where we could get one

As long as you have the old foot pedal you can cut the cord some where near the pedal and get any foot pedal and cut that cord and than join the cords together and there you go you got your new pedal. I have done this myself as i have machines that are hard to find parts for, so I know this does work. Good luck. Just make sure you tape the cords real good before you plug it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyceRowell View Post
    As long as you have the old foot pedal you can cut the cord some where near the pedal and get any foot pedal and cut that cord and than join the cords together and there you go you got your new pedal. I have done this myself as i have machines that are hard to find parts for, so I know this does work. Good luck. Just make sure you tape the cords real good before you plug it back in.
    This is correct. What you need to be concerned about is how your pedal attaches to you machine because for the most part foot pedals are universal. Basically any foot pedal should do. My sister had the same problem with her older model brother and we did exactly what was mentioned above. We needed up buying one at the thrift store for $5. The repair shop wanted $40 for a replacement pedal. Hope this helps.