Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Has anybody got tension problems???

  1. #21
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    link for some info - talks about newer machines http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/...nsion/page/all
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  2. #22
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    Getting ''perfect'' tensions
    I want to add this beautifully made tutorial on here - Thanks to thepolyparrot!!!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  3. #23
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
    I have tension but it has nothing to do with sewing.
    take a couple aspirin I guess....

  4. #24
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    looks like some of these links need to be checked to see if they are still there.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #25
    Junior Member Linkbeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    101
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hi Miriam,
    thanks a bunch for all the links..they do work..here is what I found some need to do to get them to show up on their computer..when an 'error' message is displayed..try going to the address bar on top of the page where the www. starts and shorten the link by putting your cursor on the end and hit back space, eliminate some of the letters and numbers and you should then arrive at a the page or a close approximation of the page the person copying the links gave you. Hope this helps..
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    looks like some of these links need to be checked to see if they are still there.
    Elizabeth

    Life is a Learning Curve!

  6. #26
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    a link to good info on QB: Getting ''perfect'' tensions
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #27
    Member His_Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    57
    YES!!! I finally got time to sit down and sew something on my Singer 127 that just came from the shop - and found that the thread take-up spring was broken! I called the repairman, and he said it was fine when he serviced it - and it was, because I have the scrap he sewed on. Sometime, however, the spring broke, and all I had was a nub left. I tried taking it apart, but could not get the old spring out, so I just reassembled the whole thing to take back to him in the morning. VERY frustrating - I wanted to sew some on it tonight!!

    I feel like this is something I should have been able to fix. I viewed all the videos in this (and other) threads, and did a search on YouTube for others. Nothing. Rats.

    Maybe he'll let me watch when he fixes it - think?

  8. #28
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by His_Grace View Post
    YES!!! I finally got time to sit down and sew something on my Singer 127 that just came from the shop - and found that the thread take-up spring was broken! I called the repairman, and he said it was fine when he serviced it - and it was, because I have the scrap he sewed on. Sometime, however, the spring broke, and all I had was a nub left. I tried taking it apart, but could not get the old spring out, so I just reassembled the whole thing to take back to him in the morning. VERY frustrating - I wanted to sew some on it tonight!!

    I feel like this is something I should have been able to fix. I viewed all the videos in this (and other) threads, and did a search on YouTube for others. Nothing. Rats.

    Maybe he'll let me watch when he fixes it - think?
    How frustrating. Here is a manual with really the best tension rebuilding info I have ever seen. You need two people, then go through it together sentence by sentence, word by word and you will be able to fix that tension. Here is the link: http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #29
    Super Member J Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    How frustrating. Here is a manual with really the best tension rebuilding info I have ever seen. You need two people, then go through it together sentence by sentence, word by word and you will be able to fix that tension. Here is the link: http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/
    Miriam is correct. I've been working on a couple machines with the same tension systems and that manual is a real help. Read it, look at the pics and then look at your machine's tension and do it.
    I did it with out a second person, but an assistant helps.

    Joe

  10. #30
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,215
    Blog Entries
    2
    http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/...nsion/page/all
    someone posted this excellent article
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.