Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help repairing cracked finish on old Pfaff 130

Help repairing cracked finish on old Pfaff 130

Here is a Pfaff130 that I recently bought for what I thought was a good deal. It runs well. Through reading through the forum I was able to do some cleaning of its insides. But I don't know how to clean up the shellac and paint on the outside. It is cracking. I am afraid that when I run fabric over it, it will catch the cracked paint and peel it off. I posted some pics if anyone could help me and maybe then help someone else!
    Attachment 401804
    well drats! The picture loader is still giving me trouble. it only let me load one picture. I will need to show you some more later.

We can help if you get the picture posted. I love my 130...great machine and highly desirable.

Oh now it says invalid. Uploading to Flickr and posting a URL seems to work though. Alright the first two show the worst damage. the first shows the cracking very evidently. the second shows where the paint has worn off along the side. The third shows some scratches that have made their way in. And the fourth, I guess is me just showing off
    Name:  8558072833_08fb0e783d_m.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  16.1 KB
    Name:  8558073231_93fe244e75_m.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  17.6 KB
    Name:  8559178556_825baac8f0_m.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  20.2 KB
    Name:  8558073663_077c87a7fb_m.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  22.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I will be interested to hear ideas for the fix..I have one and it it not peeling on the bed at all..they are good runners..

My 130 is cracked, but not like this... Glenn posted a tutorial (do a search in the tutorial area) on redoing the shellac on machines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    My 130 is cracked, but not like this... Glenn posted a tutorial (do a search in the tutorial area) on redoing the shellac on machines.
    and his method works!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill