Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for this treadle? Need your help.

How much would you pay for this treadle? Need your help.

I like this machine but am not sure if it's worth what she is asking. She apparently wanted it just for the looks of it. She said the man she bought it from said it worked. She's asking $75. I've ask if she'll take any less. It's been for sale for a while now. Thanks for you help.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Angie S.

Any ideas???? Would it be a good machine to have? I know nothing about this company.
    Angie S.

Looks like the slide plate is missing. Does it have the shuttle and bobbin? Any accessories?
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

I can't offer an opinion on price, it's so variable depending on where you live etc. The cabinet looks to be in good shape. Factor in if it comes with attachments, bobbins, does it move freely etc. I am not sure, but in the picture it looks like it might be missing part of the throat plate that covers the bobbin. I don't know how easy it is to find a replacement part.
    Hopefully the more knowledgeable members here will soon give you some feedback. Nice looking machine overall.

Me personally would not pay $75, I have learned that other machines will come along. I paid $10 (the lady had it appraised) for a New Home treadle so I have a hard time paying $75 for something.

I have always wondered how much a treadle would be. Thanks for starting this thread.

I'd offer them $50.00 and see what they said. That ensemble is worth that price to me. And in the end it would be in my truk on the way home when I left. Slide plates are findable, as are shuttles and bobbins.
    You never know, they might be in one of the drawers.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    I'd offer them $50.00 and see what they said. That ensemble is worth that price to me. And in the end it would be in my truk on the way home when I left. Slide plates are findable, as are shuttles and bobbins.
    You never know, they might be in one of the drawers.

Joe
    I so agree!!!

Don't know anything about that particular machine but I think the cabinet alone is worth at least $50.

Looks like the cabinet was refinished. The center drawer is either in wonky, or damaged. See if she has the missing parts, any attachments, and if the needle goes when the wheel is turned. I'd offer $50. Good Luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast