Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I am picking up two more treadles!! I am in trouble now. >

I am picking up two more treadles!! I am in trouble now.

I am picking up two more treadles!! I am in trouble now.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM

Default I am picking up two more treadles!! I am in trouble now.

i think i am going to be in trouble tonight! I promised no more..... but I am picking up another parlor treadle today at lunch!! and I found another treadle that I will be picking up next week.. a minnesota treadle from a guy that emailed me last night .... it was his grandmother's! I asked his grandmother's name... sooo Margret it is... Stay tuned as I go get the one!!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:27 AM

okay are the pictures of the red eye parlor treadle !!
Attached Thumbnails %24-kgrhqrhjbqe-co4polgbpsgfdmhzq%7E%7E60_57.jpg   %24-kgrhqvhjdme-lqfkmynbpsgetuizg%7E%7E60_57.jpg   %24-kgrhqvhjf-e-ofubwjibpsge0ontg%7E%7E60_57.jpg  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM

Good for you!!! A nice parlor cabinet is on my wish list. I think I'd like to put my 115 Tiffany into a parlor cabinet. She deserves something pretty.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 AM

I just posted pictures showing what the missing top support looks like. Great that yours still has the bottom bracket for it. This cabinet really needs the extra support for the table when it is open.

I was kind of wondering if the escutcheon on mine was original, but yours is exactly the same.

Did you get a key that fits? I've had a really hard time finding one so if you have one I'd love to get pictures with dimensions - it's a longer key than what you typically can find. And now days with the Steampunk craze, it's getting hard to find vintage keys - they are being made into jewelry.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 AM

i think i have a key that will work, if it does I will let you know.. also I bought some keys and I am going to try them as well.. only key that came with it is the one inside and that is a permanent key.. let you know to night...

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I just posted pictures showing what the missing top support looks like. Great that yours still has the bottom bracket for it. This cabinet really needs the extra support for the table when it is open.

I was kind of wondering if the escutcheon on mine was original, but yours is exactly the same.

Did you get a key that fits? I've had a really hard time finding one so if you have one I'd love to get pictures with dimensions - it's a longer key than what you typically can find. And now days with the Steampunk craze, it's getting hard to find vintage keys - they are being made into jewelry.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
i think i am going to be in trouble tonight!
Two treadles after you promised no more. Shirley, you have more guts than me, so well done: I bought a teeny tiny little featherweight and will still be hiding it from SWMBO.
Lovely early 66, hope it comes with attachments. Cabinet looks fantastic.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

Awesome machine, I guess promises are made to be broken!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
i think i am going to be in trouble tonight! I promised no more..... but I am picking up another parlor treadle today at lunch!! and I found another treadle that I will be picking up next week.. a minnesota treadle from a guy that emailed me last night .... it was his grandmother's! I asked his grandmother's name... sooo Margret it is... Stay tuned as I go get the one!!
And how many tools/toys does he have? Does he still buy things he wants?? You go girl, and I just got a red eye last month and the cabinet is almost the same, just a little scroll work on front, the only difference. Mine was born in 1911, how old is yours?? Can't wait to see pictures of the other one either.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 AM

Awesome Shirley very happy for you!! Would love to come and see your machines sometime neighbor!!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

I just tell my DH, "Thank You, I love it! Aren't you happy that you made me happy! I just love it sooo much! Give him a couple really good kisses and then set that baby up.