Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I bought a featherweight!

strip/sand/prime first. To do that, remove the tensioner, motor/belt/wheel stuff and mask off the rest. There are several good tutorials available. If that is severe corrosion on the bottom consider complete disassembly. Find a magenta you like locally(which shouldn't be a problem) then go for it! if however you want FLAKE, then try Roth rattlebombs, at: http://www.rothmetalflake.com/rattlebomb/flakes.html and if you try the Freakin Fuschia then we want PHOTOS. Below is my magenta baby done with microflake and candy. PLEASE excuse the dust- I had no idea it would show up so badly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Bonnie Hunter had a bright fuchsia pink one!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by lakekids View Post
    I have wanted one for a long time but was reluctant to pay several hundred dollars for one. This is a white one but in the pictures the paint looks to be in bad shape along the bottom.

At this point I think I will be stripping her and repainting. Since I am going to do that I think I want a fun color. Sorry all you purists but I am thinking magenta, hot pink, or maybe turquoise. However I realize that I have never seen a magenta car. Do they even make a spray on magenta high gloss automotive paint?

It will be hard waiting for it to arrive.

Once it gets here, do I clean/oil first, then strip and repaint? Or vice versa?

Pictures of my 'new' old machine:
    I think your machine has aluminum rot, which is the equivalent to rust on steel. Here's a website that will help you deal with it if that's what your machine has. http://mysewingmachineobsession.blog...t-surgery.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2