Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I bought a featherweight!

Red face I bought a featherweight!

I have wanted one for a long time but was reluctant to pay several hundred dollars for one. This is a white one but in the pictures the paint looks to be in bad shape along the bottom.

At this point I think I will be stripping her and repainting. Since I am going to do that I think I want a fun color. Sorry all you purists but I am thinking magenta, hot pink, or maybe turquoise. However I realize that I have never seen a magenta car. Do they even make a spray on magenta high gloss automotive paint?

It will be hard waiting for it to arrive.

Once it gets here, do I clean/oil first, then strip and repaint? Or vice versa?

Pictures of my 'new' old machine:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Very cute!!! Congratulations!!!

Yes you can find the automotive paint in a wide variety of colors you've probably never seen on a car lol!

I do notice that it looks like you may have aluminum "rot" along the bottom edge. I would strip and sand that puppy sooner rather than later so it can stop corroding further. I believe there's a thread on here about that.

Oh neat..a white one!! Love it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

There shouldn't be any problem finding magenta car paint. Reading your lists I was reminded of what a flamboyantly gay friend always said was his favorite color: Flaming Fuchsia! It loses something without hearing him say it - I wonder whatever happened to Mark.

I don't think you will have any trouble finding magenta auto paint. I think it would be adorable in that color. Please share pics when she arrives and when she gets her makeover!

Sew very nice. Congratulations

Magenta will be a great color to put on your "new" FW. Hope to see it when you have finished.

Congratulations! This is on my wish list too. Can't wait to see the new paint job.

Woo, Hoo! I'll be anxious to see this in a magenta or other hot color. Do tell the rest of us how this goes for you. Excited to see your finished work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast