Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home. >

I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home.

I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Nice machine. Do you need bobbins? I have some I recently found that they fit a White Rotary machine. You can have them if you will pay for postage.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:16 PM

BarbaraSue, thanks for showing your White sewing machine. That's just what I need ( or a Kenmore smilar to it) to go with my Kenmore Decorative Stitch Attachment (zigzag), buttonhole attachment, and the other attachments that I got today. Now to just find the machine to fit my attachments. I really like the looks of your machine and love the chocolate brown finish on it. It's a great find.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 PM

I just got a chocolate colored one today off of Craigslist for $50. Attachments, ruffler, buttonholer, more feet than I know what they are. Lots of other notions and odds and ends. It even came with the original purchase receipt. The only problem is the motor pulley tire and bobbin tire were so old they were petrified. I was looking on this site to find out what they were called so I could try to find them. I found both on this thread, Thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie58 View Post
i just got one just like yours but mine is black crinkle i didnt get anything with mine i hope to find them somewhere mine was also in very good running shape only paid 25 for her hubby got it for me for valintines day
Good job hubby!
Old 01-17-2020, 05:26 PM

Default White rotary

I just found one of these at a yard sale today. It also needs a new motor tire. did you find one for yours? if so, where?

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
Went out to a consignment shop about a week ago. Just as I walked in the door, I could see a sewing machine cabinet that wasn't real new. Yes it was a sewing machine, a White Rotary to be exact. the tag said $20. While I began looking at it, the owner of the shop came over and dropped the price to $15.
It looked like she was missing a spool holder, but that wasn't a big problem. Later found out it was in the cabinet and not lost.
As I was taking her to the car, the gal handed me the "stuff" that goes with her.
The original owner's manual, a ruffler, 3 different sizes of hemmers, another plate I wasn't sure about, a quilting foot, a zipper/cording foot. A needle still unused, 3 wooden spools of thread, the screwdriver, 3 bobbins, 3 kinds of hem tape. possibly something else also.

After I was home, she is model #43, a deep brown wrinkled finish, knee control machine. Stills runs. Made no adjustments on the thread tension and she sews a beautiful stitch. I have used the bobboin winder and it is functional, but had to replace the tire. need to replace the motor tire that runs on the wheel. DH says that's why she sounds groany.
I found out that she shares the same bobbin that my grandma's WR treadle had, so I named the machine for her. She is "FessieMae". It is my grandma's maiden name and her middle name. I alreeady named my DD #1 after my grandma. Don't want to confuse the family anymore than usual. lol
Here are the picks. I only needed to use a little oil to get the dirt off. Thanks for looking.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:53 PM

Welcome, millert1415. The opening poster hasn't been active for over 5 years. I think sew-classic may have one that will work. Another thread about the White 43 can be found at White Rotary 43 - Project of the Day

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:19 PM

Absolutely what a bargain, -beautiful ol' gal (no not you!) Choc-full of character (geddit?).
She's working and you have all those accessories... brilliant!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:05 AM

Lucky you. You got a great deal on a great looking machine. Congrats!
Old 01-21-2020, 09:43 AM

No, you couldn't walk out without this gem - and the fact that it works with no adjustments to be made makes it worth amillion dollars!!! Enjoy it to the max. Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:44 AM

I just recently purchased a featherweight machine - and with a little work, (my hubby can fix anything, I swear!) we got it running - I so enjoy my little honey... Can't wait to get at my next project and make this little machine my major one to use on quilting now.