Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home. >

I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home.

I couldn't resist. I had to bring her home.

Old 01-21-2020, 09:52 AM

This is one smart looking vintage machine. It looks like you will have many years of good stitching with this little lady.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
Went out to a consignment shop about a week ago. Just as I walked in the door, I could see a sewing machine cabinet that wasn't real new. Yes it was a sewing machine, a White Rotary to be exact. the tag said $20. While I began looking at it, the owner of the shop came over and dropped the price to $15.
It looked like she was missing a spool holder, but that wasn't a big problem. Later found out it was in the cabinet and not lost.
As I was taking her to the car, the gal handed me the "stuff" that goes with her.
The original owner's manual, a ruffler, 3 different sizes of hemmers, another plate I wasn't sure about, a quilting foot, a zipper/cording foot. A needle still unused, 3 wooden spools of thread, the screwdriver, 3 bobbins, 3 kinds of hem tape. possibly something else also.

After I was home, she is model #43, a deep brown wrinkled finish, knee control machine. Stills runs. Made no adjustments on the thread tension and she sews a beautiful stitch. I have used the bobboin winder and it is functional, but had to replace the tire. need to replace the motor tire that runs on the wheel. DH says that's why she sounds groany.
I found out that she shares the same bobbin that my grandma's WR treadle had, so I named the machine for her. She is "FessieMae". It is my grandma's maiden name and her middle name. I alreeady named my DD #1 after my grandma. Don't want to confuse the family anymore than usual. lol
Here are the picks. I only needed to use a little oil to get the dirt off. Thanks for looking.

Hi, I was wondering if we could work together. I recently acquired the same machine but I’m needing a manual. Is there any chance that you could contact me? I live in Sacrameto county and I’m very interested in making a copy of your manual either by photo or in person. Please contact me here on the quilting board at Karenstitching or at KF the sewingchickenlady on tiktok or [email protected] I would be so appreciative
Old 08-31-2022, 04:38 AM

Welcome, Karen. This is an older thread and I will refer you to a slightly newer thread at White Rotary There is lots of information if you read through the whole thread. There are some links to a manual that can be used for your machine. The link to singerco is no longer available, but the same thing can be gotten at https://res.cloudinary.com/singer-se...c-book-13-.pdf
I also found another for the 41 at https://archive.org/details/white-41

I'm not sure what the differences are between the 41 and 43, even though I have both. There is a manual at etsy that shows it is for the 41 and 43.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 08-31-2022, 05:48 AM

Wonderful machine! The shop owner probably thought it was a boat anchor and was happy to see it go. It found its way into a wonderful new home! I love those older machines! Good job reclaiming her and great pictures!