Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think this is a featherweight!

I think this is a featherweight!

and I don't think they know it!! =)) Not that I can afford it, but . . .

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/3727471904.html

thoughts? If anyone wants it, I will try to help. i am not terribly far from Concord.

Yes it's a featherweight. In great condition.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/3721522629.html

here is another - they are asking $195!

for contrast, here is a third - for $400! http://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq/3718643612.html

I found one on CL for $75 only because the guy who was selling it didn't know what it was. He had only advertised it as "old Singer sewing machine".

I recognized it and emailed right away and I was at his house early the next morning.

You can find good deals on CL if you just keep a daily eye open for them.

Wow, fabulous find !! Immaculate condition - lucky buyer, whoever it may be.
    Dance like no one is watching

Thats really hard around here. I constantly troll CL. and I have even responded within minutes only to be told its already sold.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    I found one on CL for $75 only because the guy who was selling it didn't know what it was. He had only advertised it as "old Singer sewing machine".

I recognized it and emailed right away and I was at his house early the next morning.

You can find good deals on CL if you just keep a daily eye open for them.

Did you get it??

It happens though. I just went and picked one up tonight for $75 as well.

Needed the foot controller adjusted (ran on its own and made fizzing noises), needs a bobbin winder part (the one on the bed), a belt and feet for the bed. All in all, about $20 in parts, so under $100 once it's complete,and I consider belts and feet to be a given when buying a featherweight, so the only surprising part is the bobbin winder part.

t came with most of the presser feet it should have, the bobbin case and the manual, as well as the original cardboard that sits under the machine, allegedly to protect the feet, but these ones were goo anyway.

I also picked one up last summer for $95, similar condition. The only thing I find is that in this price range, the case is usually rough (hinges cut off, etc)
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

oh, no -- I didn't even email about it! My husband would croak if I spent that much on an old machine! I have still not gotten back to the Stylists, or even oiled my Rocketeer. Makes you wonder why I keep looking for old machines on craigslist! lol

I have gotten interested in owning a Featherweight from all I have read on the Board from all of you! So.........am keeping my eyes and ears open. Any help would be appreciated; maybe some of you have one too many, ha. I have a Regal treadle machine in a beautiful oak cabinet with bulldogs on the drawers. Anyone have one of these? I have replaced the belt, gotten extra bobbins, etc. but still don't get a perfect stitch. I start my day with the "Board"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast