Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I think I may be done playing "Tiles" with my machines >

I think I may be done playing "Tiles" with my machines

I think I may be done playing "Tiles" with my machines

Old 11-24-2013, 01:05 PM

Default I think I may be done playing "Tiles" with my machines

First we had to clean up the shed and organize things. Got three machines DH is going to fix up, and 5-6 that are for parts only. I've got a couple of treadle parts cabinets, and two electric cabinets out there, and parts to several benches I'll be refinishing to go with my cabinets in the house.

The White went upstairs, the 201 came out of the Queen Ann Cabinet, the 15-91 came out of it's cabinet, the cabinet went into the kitchen. The QA cabinet went into the room the 15 was in, and the second 15-91 came out of the treadle cabinet and went into the QA cabinet. Then we took the big sideboard out to the shed. Took the 27 out of the refinished cabinet, and moved that one into the kitchen, and moved the new 7 drawer cabinet into the library where the refinished cabinet had been, and put the 27 in that one.

Moved the cabinet for the New Queen (White VS) from the bedroom into the dressing room where the sideboard had been, and then moved the parlor cabinet against the other wall (the 15-91 had been in this one) put the newest -(1914) 15 in that cabinet. Then moved the Eldredge (two spool) cabinet from the library into the dressing room where the parlor cabinet had been. Put the cabinet that belonged to my Grandma in that room also, and put the 201 in there. (I learned to sew on a 201 in that cabinet).

Next moved the Domestic treadle into the library where the Eldredge had been. Found a corner in the den and moved the 99k in the little cabinet into the den (put the Kenmore on top) and moved the older library style cabinet to the other side of the bedroom . . . and decided I didn't like it there.

So. . . the White came back downstairs and the library style cabinet went upstairs (took the machines out to get them up and down the stairs). Then we took the overstuffed loveseat out of the bedroom and put in in the trailer to haul to Salvation Army tomorrow (it's parked in the shop for the night). Moved two Ikea chairs into the bedroom and then moved the refinished treadle to where the New Queen treadle had been (it was in the way of moving the couch). I'm not sure what machine I'm going to put in that treadle - I've got several candidates.

I think I've got everything arranged downstairs to my liking, and no longer have furniture stacked up in the end of the kitchen/dining room that I couldn't fit anywhere else. Ok - so I've got one sewing cabinet sitting there that needs to be moved out to the shed, but that is it!

Next step will be to arrange and organize my sewing room - got a four day weekend coming up and I may need all of it!

BTW - I have one more machine in transit, it should show up tomorrow. It's a plastic machine - a Singer Genie. I know, but it's so darn cute!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm exhausted just reading this! It sounds like musical chairs. My Genie is at my Mom's still. She bought it for me to take to college then she wanted a machine to take to their winter home in TX so she got the Genie & I went back to my treadle for a while. The Genie still works great. She uses it sometimes if she has a project on her 50 yr. old Viking. You're right, the Genie is a cutie.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:25 PM

Well you got a workout! So glad those machines & cabinets have a good home; you sound like a good mom to them all!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM

Me too! Exhausted and I have to do the same thing very soon. Thanks for sharing I don't feel so all alone in that boat. All of my machines are crammed into my little studio that I was setting up for lampworking but now I decided to sell the lampwork stuff and just do metal smithing and jewelry and sewing machines. I have to move everything out so I can finish the walls, put in the floor, paint, install my exhaust system and work benches. Oh gosh, I am tired and haven't even started yet and then of course there's Christmas and Turkey day soon...
Attached Thumbnails img_5122.jpg   img_5123.jpg   img_5125.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Nice looking collection you have going. I just don't have the room to spare. My shop is full of woodworking stuff and we have a small house.
Rodney
Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM

I’ve been doing the same thing the past few weeks, only along with a house, throw in a couple of motorcycles, a front patio, a back patio, and a shop. And then I’m still not happy. I have to go buy another industrial machine in a power stand, and then another industrial machine.....

CD in Oklahoma
Old 11-24-2013, 03:48 PM

I'm not allowed to put machines in any of the other outbuildings (we bought an old farmstead) They are pretty full anyway. There will be a big auction when we decide to move LOL!!

Sunflowerzz - I love your little building! Though up here you need to insulate well and add a heat system. My summer kitchen is insulated and has a heater, but I only use it if I need to in the winter.

I counted up, and I think after we rehome those we don't want to keep, we'll be down to about 45 machines. That means we've got about 15 that won't be staying, and about 10 of them are only good for parts. It does feel good to be getting things settled - now I just have to stay away from Craigslist! Though I'd make room for a 319 in a trapezoid cabinet somehow!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz View Post
All of my machines are crammed into my little studio that I was setting up for lampworking but now I decided to sell the lampwork stuff and just do metal smithing and jewelry and sewing machines. I have to move everything out so I can finish the walls, put in the floor, paint, install my exhaust system and work benches. Oh gosh, I am tired and haven't even started yet and then of course there's Christmas and Turkey day soon...
I love your studio space! Hubby and I built a new house this year but the shop will have to wait until next year. Most of it will be for Hubby's woodworking but I get 10' x 10' for my silversmith studio and I will put up one of our 6' tables for working on sewing machines. I already made space in one of the bedrooms for sewing and quilting. That room has a walk-in closet for fabric storage (and machines). In the meantime, Hubby's stuff is in the garage and in a rented storage unit. I thought I had saved a space for my silversmith bench in the garage but them we decided to put in a water softner and it had to go in my space.

Last edited by Skyangel; 11-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM

Nice little shop there, I was just playing on my cream/tan Singer 301 last night, love it!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:38 PM

And I thought I had a few machines!