Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I told myself NO MORE MACHINES! >

I told myself NO MORE MACHINES!

I told myself NO MORE MACHINES!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Red face I told myself NO MORE MACHINES!

I had to go the "city", it is way larger than my town with much better shopping. I decided to check out some thrift and junk shops I had been driving past and visit my favorite ones looking for boxes and tins of accessories. That was my goal to build up my parts and supplies. It is so fun when you spy a plastic or metal box buried in a box of yarn and buttons.

Some days when I go out I don't find anything but a doughnut and a cup of coffee, but here is what I came home with yesterday afternoon: More pics in second post
Attached Thumbnails img_4987.jpg   img_4988.jpg   img_4985.jpg   img_4983.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 AM

The Wizard was dropped and broken, see circle on photo and covered with dirt where it had landed in the dirt. But I can save it I think. The other machines were just to good to pass up and were low low prices too!
Attached Thumbnails img_4979.jpg   img_4984.jpg   img_4982.jpg  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:50 AM

That Singer buttonholer is just what I'm looking for. The ones in the maroon cases are for slant machines and that's what my 301 takes. I always just find the straight stitch buttonholers in the green cases. You have quite the haul.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 AM

Thank you Shelbie! I hope it fits my Fiona. I just buy whatever I can even if I don't what it is.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM

sunflowerZZ,

That's quite the haul. You do know the stains on that white case are from a tom cat using it for target practice LOL . Just had to say that.
That White Rotary is a nice looking machine. I don't have one of those in my collection .... yet.

I do the same thing, look around the thrift stores to see what they have. But around here the pickings are slim. A haul like yours would be a miracle around here.

Shelbie,

Watch shopgoodwill.com { http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/s...umbs=on&page=1 }
Those slant shank button hollers show up there quite often. My LSMG has them too.

Joe
Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM

My husband has turned into a stick in the mud, and so I've passed up several machines I would have liked. Though none were on my "looking for" list, so he does have a point . . . He promised me that if I found more machines than would fit in the car, we could ship them home (this was instead of bringing the truck) but now he's being a pain.

At least we got the visit to his parents' over, so maybe he'll stop being grumpy soon.

I have picked up a few attachment sets - got a full set for a 301 along with the zigzagger. I already have two slant buttonholer, but did not have a slant zigzagger yet. So far on this trip, I've bought more off eBay than at the places we've stopped. LOL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:00 PM

When one runs out of room, I'm sure it's natural to look around and think about accessories. Well done. I get excited about cams and special feet too :-)

Only ever see them on eBay these days, though. Great score.

Last edited by manicmike; 10-24-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:46 PM

Shelbie, look on shopgoodwill.com:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-14527210.html

It's in a red case, but it's oval rather than rectangular.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone I appreciate the encouraging comments. " You do know the stains on that white case are from a tom cat using it for target practice LOL . Just had to say that." Very funny..LOL No seriously It was really funny I guffawed.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM

Wow, what a score! They're all great. Do you have the piece that broke off the Wizard?. Some folks have had success with JB Weld, and it looks like gravity will help hold the join. If you don't have the piece it looks like it won't matter if it's in a case or cabinet.