Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I told myself I wouldn't adopt a White, Domestic, etc. But... >

I told myself I wouldn't adopt a White, Domestic, etc. But...

I told myself I wouldn't adopt a White, Domestic, etc. But...

Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Default I told myself I wouldn't adopt a White, Domestic, etc. But...

2 machines at the closest GW identical, 1 with nice Bentwood case AND this one. She came with accessories and fantastic paint and decals and once I got schooled up on threading it, and found a tigh[ATTACH=CONFIG]472799[/ATTACH]ter rubber band...she stitches beautifully. I have to improve the motor mtg though to get away from stretch belts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472800[/ATTACH] sorry about the sideways. This phone's going in the water bucket!
Attached Thumbnails 2014-04-23-05.44.52.jpg  

Last edited by oldsewnsew; 04-23-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:54 AM

Oh that is an awesome machine!!!!!!! Just beautiful.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 AM

Wow! Nice machine. So far I haven't been that lucky here.
There is a very nice Western Electric in a bentwood case with a Hamilton Beach motor being auctioned of at a local thrift store. The bidding is currently at $50 and the auction ends tomorrow. It's not in the budget but it's nice to see it's not being given away. Honestly to me it's worth more. It's in really nice condition, has the foot shaped controller and comes with accessories too. One of these days the timing will be right.
Rodney
Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 AM

Jim,

Nice machine.
I think I'll get over the crick in my neck from leaning over to see the pic.
Just a suggestion, get a camera and ditch the stupid phone. Cell phones with cameras might be handy when your out and about but for real pics a camera is better. ( I'll bet someone posts that I'm full of crap about that too. )

Joe
Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Jim,

Here you go I fixed it for you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472801[/ATTACH]

A White Family Rotary. I've been trying to acquire one of those for a short time now. So far no luck. I'm getting jealous of all you that have one. I'll find one eventually.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails jims-machine.jpg  
Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 AM

thanks Joe. Not by my laptop.Sorry. The other pic in OP click it & you can see why I'm going to change the motor mtg. I oiled and cleaned it AFTER a test sew . Such optimism! Like the 15*1 needles.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
A White Family Rotary. I've been trying to acquire one of those for a short time now. So far no luck. I'm getting jealous of all you that have one. I'll find one eventually.

Joe
I think you could easily acquire one - road trip???
Old 04-24-2014, 05:23 AM

Jim,
The other pic on the OP wouldn't open for me. I got this notice when I clicked on it:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Miriam,
Road trip is still on the way. Just got to get enough funds set aside for gas and other things before we can do it.

Joe
Old 04-24-2014, 05:27 AM

Jim,

Nice machine.
Just a suggestion, get a camera and ditch the stupid phone. Cell phones with cameras might be handy when your out and about but for real pics a camera is better. ( I'll bet someone posts that I'm full of crap about that too. )

Joe
I'm right there with you Joe. The camera in the phone is handy but it's not the same as a real camera.
Thanks for fixing the pic.
Rodney
Old 04-24-2014, 10:42 PM

Jim,

Nice machine.

Joe
The biggest "problem" with a lot of the camera phones (or is that phone cameras?) is that you can orient the camera in 4 different ways to take a photo (whereas with most cameras, you would only do 2 - portrait and landscape). The phone/camera will show it to you correctly, because it "knows" what way it was oriented when the photo was taken and therefore what you "meant". Some computer apps will also read that info and orient things right too, so when you upload to a "dumb" forum, like vBulletin, it will look "wrong" because it's the only one that didn't correct for you.

On an iPhone, the "Home" button should be to the bottom or to the right. Same basic thing happens on my Android tablet... what phone are you using?

Joe: I think Optically, and for sure with zoom, my real camera does a better job. My phone however has more mega pixels and really great fixed focal length image quality. No one seems to complain about the video I shoot with it and upload to YouTube for tutorials either.