Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I took the plunge - Featherweight!

Me too..I have all the others I want but a 301 would complete my collection!

Congratulations! The Featherweight and the 301 are great machines to have. Get David McCallaums DVD and you will be able to cae for both of these lovely machines. Don't limit yourself if you find you want more. :>) I have 2 featherweights and 2 301A's. One of the 301A's is on loan to a daughter. Enjoy your machines.
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

Congratulations!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietow View Post
    I just purchased a featherweight on ebay - went a little above my $150 budget, but my son is covering the overage as my birthday present! I can hardly wait to get it - hope it's a good one! So, now, I have a 301a and a featherweight, and I'm REALLY going to stop here. (Promise!)
    Congratulations! What's her name?

So happy for you!! Welcome to the FW club - you're going to love your new baby!!

Hmmm... haven't thought too much about names yet - I thought I MIGHT name the 301a "Sweetie", but haven't decided for sure - sigh, with my "creativity", they might just be called "my 301a" and "my featherweight"!

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Yeah right. Sure you are. Sewing machines are like Lays Potato Chips, you can't have just one. AND, they mate in the dark at night while your sleeping. Soon you'll be finding them all over the place like Captain Kirk did the Tribbles on the Enterprise.
    Don't ask me how I know this .. .

Oh, and congrats on the FW. You will be liking it. Be careful to thread it right so you get the dreaded thread jammed bobbin.

Joe
    hehehe...so true!

I have one machine. A 1936 Featherweight. It does (almost) everything I want it to do. Nuff for me. I'd rather spend money on fabric. Do enjoy your new machine - and you really don't have to name it. Mine is just my best friend.

No, you probably WON'T stop here. i love my 301's and my 5 FW's. I take turns using them. Welcome to the club!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2