Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Looking for a manual to Vogue Stitch 230 De Luxe sewing machine

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5

    Smile Looking for a manual to Vogue Stitch 230 De Luxe sewing machine

    Just got this machine from a friend. Heavy, Works beautifully, but no manual. Tried to attach pics didn't work. Description: Vogue Stitch 230 De Luxe Sewing Machine, on the back it had Spiegel Model 752 230. Need help getting a manual. Thanks

  2. #2
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,155
    I would look for a De Luxe ZigZag manual, and see if there is one that is similar to your machine.

    http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm
    Mark

  3. #3
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,751
    http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....elated%20items

    You can also look at the above TIAS link for a manual. I have purchased several manuals from them and have been pleased with their service.

    Your machine was made by White so you may be able to find a manual similar to your machine. Also check out the Brother machines that may be like your machine.
    Sweet Caroline

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    I would look for a De Luxe ZigZag manual, and see if there is one that is similar to your machine.

    http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm

    Hi, I did look at this site. Thanks for your help, one of the machine does looks similar. Dee

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....elated%20items

    You can also look at the above TIAS link for a manual. I have purchased several manuals from them and have been pleased with their service.

    Your machine was made by White so you may be able to find a manual similar to your machine. Also check out the Brother machines that may be like your machine.

    Hi Caroline, this site provided 2,540 of machine manuals (looked at each one); sorry to say that none looked like my machine. I have not given up, I will continue to search. Just wanted to ask what makes you think it was made by White. I looked all over the machine and only found a #991418 underneath. Front says Vogue Stitch, on the right side under the stitch length it shows 230 De Luxe Sewing Machine and on the back there is a plate shows Spiegel Model #752 230. Any kind of information will be helpful. Thanks

  6. #6
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,751
    Here is a Youtube video where the seller mentions that it is a Vintage Japanese machine made by White.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOAGf3bNr9c
    Sweet Caroline

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5
    Thanks for the youtube site. Very helpful; also took a look at several of her machines. Dee

  8. #8
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,933
    Blog Entries
    2
    Here is a generic manual maybe it will help - it is free:
    http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Here is a generic manual maybe it will help - it is free:
    http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf

    This manual will definitely help While looking for the manual I ran across your vintage machine with photos of the real 15 clones. Had a great time looking at all the vintage sewing machine and the stories that went along with how they were acquired. This web site will be one of my favorite to view on a daily basis. THANKS. . Dee

  10. #10
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,933
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdrop View Post
    This manual will definitely help While looking for the manual I ran across your vintage machine with photos of the real 15 clones. Had a great time looking at all the vintage sewing machine and the stories that went along with how they were acquired. This web site will be one of my favorite to view on a daily basis. THANKS. . Dee
    Dee, there are other pages and pages of machine photos on here - some links:
    Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

    Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines

    Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up and don't forget Janie Doe the 15 clone Janie Doe, the 15 Clone - make over

    then one Christmas my sister and I worked on my Mom's Singer featherweight: The cleaning of a 1948 featherweight

    Singer 319: Singer 319 in need of TLC

    You can read posts I've started by going into my profile and looking at threads I've started.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.