Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vogue Stitch...

Vogue Stitch...

I bought this Vogue Stitch yesterday at Goodwill for $12.00. No manual just one foot, seam ripper, few spools old thread, and I think a stiletto. Clean, oiled, and put a Singer zz foot on it to see if I could figure out how it works. At first all I could do was zz with it but after turning the dials round every which way, etc., finally got a straight stitch. It sews a beautiful stitch, much better than any of the newer machines and old Singers I have!! It just weighs a ton. Would anyone have a manual or could tell me where to find one. I searched the web without any luck. Thanks...
    Here's what it looks like:

Vogue Stitch Model 8580

Attachment 407922

Implements
    Attachment 407929

Attachment 407930

Blog Entries
    get a vbulletin says not valid contact ADMIN. Can't bring up your pics.

Same here can't see or load pictures.

Blog Entries
    It is possibly a 15 clone. Here is a link to the clone information just in case it is a clone:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html
    and just in case it might be a Japanese with zig zag or decorative stitches here are links for info:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207880.html
    or
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html
    I CAN tell you it is a Japanese badged machine - one of the above - there is no Vogue company that makes machines that I know of.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Probably badged for the Vogue pattern company. I've seen machines Badged Simplicity too.

Wish we could see the pics.
    Try sizing them 800x600 or thereabouts and then reposting them. Make sure they are .jpg files too. The forum system will accept others but .jpg is the most common.

Joe

I hope you can get the pictures to post for a very special reason: Santa brought me a Vogue Stitch machine in the late sixties. It has all metal parts and is very heavy, heavy, HEAVY. It has sewed well until recently, so it might need servicing. I, too, have no manual, and would love to find one. I currently use a newer Brother Innovis40 for piecing, but I don't think it is strong enough for machine quilting which I would really like to attempt. My mother told me she ordered the Vogue Stitch from Speigel. Please share your information if you find any. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    The links I sent have generic manuals that likely will work with the Vogue machines.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Also unable to view photos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luray831 View Post
    I hope you can get the pictures to post for a very special reason: Santa brought me a Vogue Stitch machine in the late sixties. It has all metal parts and is very heavy, heavy, HEAVY. It has sewed well until recently, so it might need servicing. I, too, have no manual, and would love to find one. I currently use a newer Brother Innovis40 for piecing, but I don't think it is strong enough for machine quilting which I would really like to attempt. My mother told me she ordered the Vogue Stitch from Speigel. Please share your information if you find any. Thank you.
    If you visit the vintage sewing machine shop with a pic we may be able to help you sort out the problem.

Vogue stitch machine

Sorry about the pictures not uploading. I will try again. I hope they come through this time and will also put them on the vintage machine shop thread.

Name:  VogueStitch.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  128.0 KB

Name:  Implements2.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  Stitches1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  94.0 KB

It does stitch nicely....wishing you many happy hours together.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if a generic manual will help or not: http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf but it looks like you got some of it figured out already.
    Weird, I found the pictures on the pictures page works but not the one here... That machine is a badged Japanese machine from the 1960s or so. Here is a link for you to post pics on: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html
    The generic zig zag manual will work to an extent. It looks like there is a big knob for zig zag and a little knob on the right that might set to hold the big knob in place. I don't know with out a close up what the little knob on the left will do - it if is 'LRC' then it sets the needle position. The buttons on the base are for the feed dogs to raise or lower. You will need one to work in the "up" position to sew. I think they made those machines to look more complicated than they really are. Is there a little door for disks on the top?
    Last edited by miriam; 04-16-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Congrats!! What a cool find.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I don't know if a generic manual will help or not: http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf but it looks like you got some of it figured out already.
    Weird, I found the pictures on the pictures page works but not the one here... That machine is a badged Japanese machine from the 1960s or so. Here is a link for you to post pics on: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html
    The generic zig zag manual will work to an extent. It looks like there is a big knob for zig zag and a little knob on the right that might set to hold the big knob in place. I don't know with out a close up what the little knob on the left will do - it if is 'LRC' then it sets the needle position. The buttons on the base are for the feed dogs to raise or lower. You will need one to work in the "up" position to sew. I think they made those machines to look more complicated than they really are. Is there a little door for disks on the top?

It doesn't have a place for cams. Wish it did, I would use it all the time. I will post the pics on the vintage-Japanese-badged thread. Thanks for all the input.

I went to the Japanese-badge website and downloaded the manual. The dials are quite the same but the instructions for threading, oiling, changing the light are all like my machine! Thanks, that helps a lot...

hi..i have the same sewing machine

I found a vogue stitch sewing machine at a goodwill but it didnt come with a manual...i have no idea how to use it..plz help

I like it! It's a very stout looking machine. I love the texture of the front panel. LOL I bet it would be difficult to clean though.

Blog Entries
    Wow! That is a beautiful machine. I hope you find your info. Really pretty.

Blog Entries
    Was the generic manual any help?
    The push buttons at the base are for raising and lowering the feed dogs.
    Then above that you have the stitch control knob.
    Above that you have 3 knobs. The big one is the stitch width. You have to either turn the small knobs or slide them or both to lock the stitch width. The cool thing about that is if you want you can hold the stitch width and narrow or widen it as you sew. Kind of hard unless you are good at controlling fabric with your left hand though. Bobbin winder is upper right.

A good clean up and that machine will be very nice looking. I would not take the knobs off to clean the front of that. They have set screws and nothing to go up against. I've had them strip out, then not work. Pad under that thing and scrub with a toothbrush - careful not to get anything behind the knobs unless it says Tri-flow.

It should sew just about anything.
    Last edited by miriam; 07-14-2013 at 02:28 AM.

Yes, the manual is similar enough to help use the Vogue Stitch. I is a great machine and sews beautifully, much better than some of the other ones I have had or have. I decided I had too many machines and gave it away. Now I wish I had kept it...