Vogue Stitch...

Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

It does stitch nicely....wishing you many happy hours together.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Power Poster

I don't know if a generic manual will help or not: http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf but it looks like you got some of it figured out already.
Weird, I found the pictures on the pictures page works but not the one here... That machine is a badged Japanese machine from the 1960s or so. Here is a link for you to post pics on: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html
The generic zig zag manual will work to an extent. It looks like there is a big knob for zig zag and a little knob on the right that might set to hold the big knob in place. I don't know with out a close up what the little knob on the left will do - it if is 'LRC' then it sets the needle position. The buttons on the base are for the feed dogs to raise or lower. You will need one to work in the "up" position to sew. I think they made those machines to look more complicated than they really are. Is there a little door for disks on the top?

Last edited by miriam; 04-16-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 AM

Congrats!! What a cool find.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I don't know if a generic manual will help or not: http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf but it looks like you got some of it figured out already.
Weird, I found the pictures on the pictures page works but not the one here... That machine is a badged Japanese machine from the 1960s or so. Here is a link for you to post pics on: http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...s-t207877.html
The generic zig zag manual will work to an extent. It looks like there is a big knob for zig zag and a little knob on the right that might set to hold the big knob in place. I don't know with out a close up what the little knob on the left will do - it if is 'LRC' then it sets the needle position. The buttons on the base are for the feed dogs to raise or lower. You will need one to work in the "up" position to sew. I think they made those machines to look more complicated than they really are. Is there a little door for disks on the top?

It doesn't have a place for cams. Wish it did, I would use it all the time. I will post the pics on the vintage-Japanese-badged thread. Thanks for all the input.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM

I went to the Japanese-badge website and downloaded the manual. The dials are quite the same but the instructions for threading, oiling, changing the light are all like my machine! Thanks, that helps a lot...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Default hi..i have the same sewing machine

I found a vogue stitch sewing machine at a goodwill but it didnt come with a manual...i have no idea how to use it..plz help
Old 07-13-2013, 06:08 PM

I like it! It's a very stout looking machine. I love the texture of the front panel. LOL I bet it would be difficult to clean though.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:19 PM

Wow! That is a beautiful machine. I hope you find your info. Really pretty.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Power Poster

Was the generic manual any help?
The push buttons at the base are for raising and lowering the feed dogs.
Then above that you have the stitch control knob.
Above that you have 3 knobs. The big one is the stitch width. You have to either turn the small knobs or slide them or both to lock the stitch width. The cool thing about that is if you want you can hold the stitch width and narrow or widen it as you sew. Kind of hard unless you are good at controlling fabric with your left hand though. Bobbin winder is upper right.

A good clean up and that machine will be very nice looking. I would not take the knobs off to clean the front of that. They have set screws and nothing to go up against. I've had them strip out, then not work. Pad under that thing and scrub with a toothbrush - careful not to get anything behind the knobs unless it says Tri-flow.

It should sew just about anything.

Last edited by miriam; 07-14-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM

Yes, the manual is similar enough to help use the Vogue Stitch. I is a great machine and sews beautifully, much better than some of the other ones I have had or have. I decided I had too many machines and gave it away. Now I wish I had kept it...