Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 222k

Smile My 222k

So excited my 222k is here and she is lovely,gleaming and works like a dream.I know I will have to practice using the foot pedal,my modern machine works without one.I have spinal problems so have problems operating with my feet.What an incentive though, I'm sure it will be good therapy .I will have lots of questions for the forum, not sure how to use the quilting mode with feed dogs down and sewing a 1/4 in seam.Just happy at the moment to practice speed of sewing and stroking her!! love from a happy Letty.

So what is her name and where is her picture?? I love mine
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Letty,

I've never seen a 222. I'd probably try to abscond with it if I did.

As for foot exercise and control, try a treadle machine. You can get some pretty decent therapy with one. I also have spinal problems and find I get tuckered out pretty quick when I treadle a lot. But that only means I'm burning calories.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Letty,

As for foot exercise and control, try a treadle machine. You can get some pretty decent therapy with one. I also have spinal problems and find I get tuckered out pretty quick when I treadle a lot. But that only means I'm burning calories.

Joe
    You are so right about that exercise on the treadle. I used mine for a little while yesterday after getting off the bicycle and my legs were something like jelly but oh to think of the calories I used. Now for a cup of coffee and my favorite toffee cookie that I love so much.

WHAT??? No pictures??!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful 'new' 222!!
    ~~Cathy~~

Congrats, enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Letty,

Joe
    Hi Joe, the 222k has a freearm feature and you can also lower the feeddogs,I would post a picture, she, that is 'Daisy', will be photographed for sure.The only problem is, not sure how to post one !!! My husband is so taken with her he is looking to buy another so that he can practice taking it apart in order to know how to service them etc, what a love. Letty

Name:  1961 Free arm 222.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  76.6 KBThis is a 222 Joe. The baseplate slides to the left to take it off leaving a free arm. This is one I bought from a dealer in London, England.
    Karen in Kentucky

Hi Karen, they are lovely, I didn't get the instruction book for the 222k, or the hoop, yours looks just lovely,it is so good to own ,and use these little machines.I feel history everytime I sew with mine. Letty

Hi all you featherweight adicts. Well my husband was so taken with the featherweight 222k he bought for me he has now won the bidding on ebay for a really pristine 221k. His excuse, well it was such a bargain and it will enable him to learn to service both. I think really it brings back memories of his darling grandmother and when he used to help her treadle her machine as a child.He is also a darling man and I am so happy to have the use of these machines. Goodness me, I never sewed a button on until I was 50 yrs old,now 73yrs and happy to have this wonderful patchwork and quilting hobby. Love Letty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast