Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
My "Betty Blue" came back to me !!! >

My "Betty Blue" came back to me !!!

My "Betty Blue" came back to me !!!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Dee

Happy you have your machine back.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:29 PM

Good luck finding the cams~good you got her back
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Sooo glad she's back home where she belongs!! Have fun!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:38 AM

[QUOTE=miz mary;5105465]I loaned Betty Blue to my SIL about 3 years ago , so she could sew some things for her grandaughter for Christmas ..... then there was a big family falling out, and I wrote Betty Blue off as a garage sale casualty ..... then, out of the BLUE ( hahaaaa ) they returned this machine to me - they are moving again and found her ! Things are better somewhat in the family dynamics , I am taking this return as a peace offering , since they could have easily sold her in one of thier MANY garage sales ..... I DO need to clean her up , vaccume her out , and I may be the winner of an ebay set of cams for her !!!

I *think* she's a 1964 ...
[B][COLOR=#40e0d0]WELCOME HOME BETTY BLUE !!!!

Lovely! I have a little powder blue scooter I call "Betty Blue", actually for my mother, Betty, who we always called Betty Blue because of her love of blue. It's funny to hear someone else use it! Thanks!,
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
miz mary,

If you don't win the cams on eBay here's a set with some extras on GW:
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...8-9673458.html

Joe
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU !!!! I DIDNT win them on ebay ..... hopefully I will win these !!! I won a cast iron pan a few days ago here ..... LOVE goodwill.com !
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Love that llittle blue machine. Hope you get the cams.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by miz mary View Post
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU !!!! I DIDNT win them on ebay ..... hopefully I will win these !!! I won a cast iron pan a few days ago here ..... LOVE goodwill.com !
I WON !!! I have cams now !! I cant wait for them to arrive !! I found bobbins that fit , and the machine runs really well !! NO tension issues !! Question ..... the pedal is hard for me to use ... like I cant find a smooth spot - it goes reallt fast !!! Are you suposed to oil it or do you just get used to it , like a learning curve ??
Old 04-04-2012, 11:09 AM

She looks like the machine I inherited from my mother back in the 60's. I don't think mine has cams though.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by miz mary View Post
Question ..... the pedal is hard for me to use ... like I cant find a smooth spot - it goes reallt fast !!! Are you suposed to oil it or do you just get used to it , like a learning curve ??
Where the pedal pivots, take a piece of cotton string and work it back and forth through the hinge to take out any gunk that's there. Is it the kind of pedal you can take apart to clean? You want to be very careful not to allow oil, etc. anywhere near electric connections of your pedal so I'd recommend not touching it will oil. I've cleaned them before, but I know what I'm doing. It isn't something I'd recommend doing on your own unless you're extremely careful. You could get a pretty good shock if you allow liquids of any kind near the connections.

I used to be a sewing teacher, and I've tore apart every brand of machine there is. LOL! I had to replace nylon gears in a 70s era Singer which wasn't as hard as I had expected. I once saved a doorstop 222 featherweight that lived behind someone's garage for 2 decades. The poor abused thing!!! I bought it for $40, had it repainted, and then I fixed the parts that needed fixing and sold it on ebay for $1200. But that was back when the prices were sky high. Today they don't get nearly as high.

Last edited by Christine-; 04-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.