My new 401A

Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM

I hAve one and it's awesome!! No cabinet with mine although. I'm like you...pay and run out with it!! Lol
Old 07-02-2014, 11:58 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to hurry off with my new treasure! When I found my 301 and was negotiating price, a gal came into the house saying another woman heard there was a sewing machine and if I didn't take it, she wanted it! That was the end of price negotiations, because I was at risk of losing the machine.

Now when I find one I want I am in a big hurry to pay for it and get it into my car!

I finished cleaning up this new little beauty. It was dirtier inside than I first thought but once the old gummy oil was out, it started moving very nicely. The table needed a couple screws replaced and the hinges straightened out. It also had a couple places that needed some repair but it went quickly. The foot controller had 2 damaged feet, but I had some spares here. The only part I had to get was an oil tray. I was surprised to find it missing off the bottom of the machine but luckily found one on eBay and they even had the beige color so it should get here the end of the week.

Those knobs are a bit tricky to get used to, but I think it's a fun machine and am going to love playing with her. I brought her in last night and introduced her to Myrtle the 301 also LBOW. I think she will need a name from the same era. Right now I am thinking Lucille or maybe Ethel.