Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Craigslist Find!

My New Craigslist Find!

I was looking on Craigslist trying to find my mom a treadle stand when this sewing machine shouted for me to take her home. I was so excited, I looked it up trying to find out what model singer it was. I think it's a Singer 28 or 128 with a brentwood case. I could be wrong. The only thing I was wondering is can I convert it into a hand crank? It has a motor attached but it looks added onto it. If anyone has any info about it please let me know. The model number is G0747487. My husband has now banned me from Craigslist since this will be sewing machine number 5 in two months. I only paid $40.00 for it though. I thought it was a steal! Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images        

$40 is a very good price.
    congratulations

Wow, it has beautiful decals and sounds like a great deal. I am sure you will have no trouble converting it to a hand crank. Does it work if you plug it in?

I haven't tried plugging it in. The wires are a little frayed. I was worried it might start a fire. I may be a little paranoid though.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    Wow, it has beautiful decals and sounds like a great deal. I am sure you will have no trouble converting it to a hand crank. Does it work if you plug it in?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    fab..I would turn her into a hand crank, since that motor and wiring need to be replaced anyway!

That is what I was thinking also. I always wanted a hand crank. The wheel turns so smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    fab..I would turn her into a hand crank, since that motor and wiring need to be replaced anyway!

It's a beautiful machine.

Kathie

What a beauty!! Ask yourself how many tools does your hubby have? I have many friends whose DH's say the same thing!! But it's okay if they have 3 saws or 5 drills ,etc!! As long as I have room I'm gonna buy them...especially for that kind of price! Great buy.
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Ooh, ooh, I want her! I'd love to have one of those for decoaration for my sewing room. The decals are in great shape. She's too pretty to cover up. I'd have snatched it at that price as well.
    Remember the teakettle...it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~ Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

I just got one like that, mine needs a little refinish on the case and the machine wouldn't run-I fixed that, I got mine for $10- the bottom was even coming apart-thats all glued back now, I also have a White brand in the bentwood case, it sews great!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast