Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my "new" featherweighgt has arrived!

Congradulations and lucky you. Enjoy her, name?

Blog Entries
    i think it will be either goodie or wilma, from goodwill.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

She looks very nice for a 1948; even her decals are pretty much intact. I recently bought a beige one. The vinyl lining the interior was coming unglued and she was filthy! I scrubbed her down with soap and water and intend to use epoxy cement on those loose pieces of vinyl. They're all intact, just loose. When you get that case all cleaned up, it will look a lot better too. I used sewing machine oil on my Featherweight itself, but regular cleaning product on everything else. Congratulations! I bought my white one from Goodwill and was pleased with it. When I buy on ebay, I contact the seller and tell them how I want it packaged. I suppose you could do the same with Goodwill.
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries
    thank you! i think she looks great, too. i have one from my aunt who probably never used her (she HATED sewing) and who would always ask me as a little kid to hem her pants or skirt and mend whatever. my mom's is the one that was used by a thousand fingers and only ate one. ( my pointer got a little close while making a white prom dress. i yanked the finger off the needle so i wouldn't get blood on the dress. i will NEVER do that again!!! anyhow, the dress was fine, and when i put in a new needle, so was the machine.)
    i would really like a white one, but dh is going to be upset when he sees i have 3 fw's and all the other machines.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Super "new" Featherweight. Have fun with her.

Blog Entries

Wink

Just wonderful, Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! I have only won one auction on www.shopgoodwill.com that had to be shipped. I purchased something for my AccuQuilt cutting system. It was a miracle that it arrived in one piece! They used a cardboard box that was used for shipping toilet paper in without much packing around the product. I only look at the local online location so I can pick things up when I win a bid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2