Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Necchi Super Nova 1950 model

Blog Entries

Necchi Super Nova 1950 model

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this inquiry, but a friend of mine has a Necchi Super Nova 1950 model sewing machine and needs a Motor Belt. This isn't quite the vintage of the machines I have seen here but it is vintage and I was wondering if any one would know of the possibility of a source for parts for this type of machine. It was her mothers and it means alot to here.
    Thanks, anna

Blog Entries
    Try posting this question at the Yahoo Necchi group. Someone there will know. Here is the link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/necchisewingmachineclub/

Just measure the belt and order a singer et. al. belt. It is universal. I know I used a Generic belt on mine and it worked fine. The motor adjustment is a bit tricky because there is very little give so a very close fit is needed.

Blog Entries
    I just recently got a belt for a Necchi Nora. I posted on the Necchi yahoo group with the measurements and received a response suggesting the belt I should get and it works just fine. I measured the distance with string around where the belt goes and also measured the outer dimension of the old belt. I was told they use the outer belt measurement. Anyway, I just ordered a generic belt in the size suggested to me from a Necchi group member and it works fine after putting it on and adjusting the motor to it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry. I have passed the information on to my friend.

I have two of these Necchi SuperNova's and they are great machines. You can find parts..... good luck