Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Willard Sewing Machine

Hi Ms. Boats.
    That is a great machine. Never have seen one in the midwest, yet. I'll keep an eye out. It is sooo pretty.

This rusty Willard makes my (Red Eye) still stuck in the needle bar area look like it was new. I have been diligent about TriFlow and hair dryer, but she still won't move more than a tiny wiggle. Good luck with getting this machine moving, as advised, start with the oil/Liquid Wrench now.
    In stitches
    Janie

Quote Originally Posted by Bitzy One View Post
    This rusty Willard makes my (Red Eye) still stuck in the needle bar area look like it was new. I have been diligent about TriFlow and hair dryer, but she still won't move more than a tiny wiggle. Good luck with getting this machine moving, as advised, start with the oil/Liquid Wrench now.
    Actually even though she is rusty all her parts move quite well. She has been oiled inside and out. And I will take it slow using a lot of cotton pads and oil only. Sarge, AKA Joe, will be watching.

I can empathize with you about your Redeye. The refurbished 27 with the crinkle finish that I posted about a couple of weeks ago is in the same condition. It is the only sewing machine head that has stubbornly refused to cooperate. I will eventually wind up learning how to dismantle the whole thing internally. Next time I visit my OSMG I am going to ask him how it comes apart inside when one can't access it. I have put it aside to alleviate my frustration. Or re-purpose it as a door stop.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieD View Post
    Mrs Boats, your machine is gorgeous!
    I agree. I like the deco decals very much. Hmmm, parlor cabinet, may have to consider looking for one.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    I sort of like the odd balls! This is a New Willard. There is not much information on the Internet regarding this machine. Decals are in nice shape. The last patent date is August 10, 1920 on the front slide plate. She came with a bullet shuttle and bobbin.
    I gotta tell ya.....it's not New Willard it is New Millard. Google New Millard and you will see. GOod news!!!! That sucker is worth something.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Noiseynana View Post
    I gotta tell ya.....it's not New Willard it is New Millard. Google New Millard and you will see. GOod news!!!! That sucker is worth something.
    Gonna do that ASAP. Thanks.
    Sweet Caroline

Love the decals on it!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2