Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Old "IDEAL HOME" treadle

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries

Old "IDEAL HOME" treadle

My ex has his Great grandmothers treadle and said I could have it if I gave it to our daughter eventually. Would like to Try and refurbish it but I can't find out much about it. Has the shuttle and a bobbin, needs a belt and good cleaning oil, and needles. Can any one point me in the right direction? The cabinet is in pretty good condition, but I am interested in the machine! Thank you Raine54rn

Blog Entries
    Muv has a ton of videos on the sticky at the top of the Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts page - she also has a blog you can look through. Lots of helpful information: HOW TO CLEAN UP and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Nice! I do not know for sure, but I would suspect that you could look up "New Ideal" or "New Home" and get a machine that is pretty close.

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    Have been all over the Internet and the Quilting Board site and it appears to be a New Home! Even discovered how to thread it! Now to find a source for bobbins and needle size. Found a new leather belt on Ebay, so I've gotten a good start. Any help on sources for the rest I'll be happy to note. Thank you for the responses thus far. Raine54rn

Jenny at SewClassics has just about everything you could ever want or need for our vintage babies! Check out her website or give her a call. Prices are reasonable and customer service is excellent!