Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Painting a 301A

Painting a 301A

Has anyone here ever thought of painting their 301? The one that I got recently has what I call a speckled dinosaur egg paint job going on. When I first got her my first thought was that she needed new paint, as she is definitely not in the best shape. After a cleaning and a wax job I think I am okay with her now. She feels really good and sews great, so it's really just a cosmetic wish, not a need.

Looking online I have only found one picture of a 301 that has a custom paint job.

I am not crazy about the white, it totally changes the look of the machine. However in the future I am not against the idea of painting her...I hope I could pick something that fits her, kind of like the pretty red featherweights that I have seen online.

Lol. That was why I bought the first one. He thinks it is too nice to paint. Looking for a suitable candidate.

Outer Space
    All 4 of my 301's are in nice enough condition to not warrant a paint job. But, if I had a machine that was in really rough condition and didn't pay much for it, then why not? I would probably go for a pink or red repaint. But, it would be a labor of love as repainting is any easy or clean job.

That link doesn't work anymore for some reason. The picture of the 301 is about halfway down the page on the right.

near Peoria Illinois
    Blog Entries
    I have a black 301. She's just as I like her-- not afraid to show her age!
    But I have considered painting my Singer 128-23- godzilla. Her wrinkle finish is ok, but all of her decals are gone. So I really wouldn't be losing anything of value.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.