Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was the Piedmont made by Singer?

Kas

Was the Piedmont made by Singer?

I just saw an ad on Craigslist for a Piedmont machine badged as Apollo for Hudson Bay Co. of Canada. The ad says it was made by Singer, but I didn't think they made machines under names other than Singer. It has the Featherweight and 101 type decals on the bed. What do you think?
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/hsh/2710523916.html
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I just saw an ad on Craigslist for a Piedmont machine badged as Apollo for Hudson Bay Co. of Canada. The ad says it was made by Singer, but I didn't think they made machines under names other than Singer. It has the Featherweight and 101 type decals on the bed. What do you think?
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/hsh/2710523916.html
    Singer never badged a machine only the Spartan and it was the lower end machine sold at their dealers.

Billy

Kas
    I was thinking the same thing. Did you take a gander at it? Why do you think it has those decals? Were they added recently? I sense a mystery, here.
    Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    The ad writer can be misinformed - anything to sell their item - so do some research
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Kas
    Hey, Miriam. Did you look at it? It is the bed decals that are messing with me. All the Piedmonts I looked at last night had a totally different bed decal, but none of those said Apollo on the arm badge.

Blog Entries
    It's a 15 clone, and a nice looking machine. I'd offer $30 for it!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Kas
    Charlee, what is your opinion on those decals? Getting curiouser and curiouser!

Blog Entries

Clone

The Singer Featherweight decals can be bought over the internet. The machine looks nice but does not look like the bed flips up like a Featherweight. Why don't you check it out? If it sews good, offer less. Be careful though. I bought a featherweight and the bobbin base was broken.

Kas
    Well, I'm not looking for a featherweight. I have one of those. I am looking for a 101 or a 201 with the 101 faceplate style. Some think the decals on the 101 were used on the first 221s, as well as the "legs" on the faceplate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Charlee, what is your opinion on those decals? Getting curiouser and curiouser!
    I think that when they were copying the Singer 15, they also copied the style of the decals...I'd have to look closer to see if they're exact, I suppose it's possible that they were added later, but why?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast