Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Was the Piedmont made by Singer? >

Was the Piedmont made by Singer?

Was the Piedmont made by Singer?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Kas

Just got an email back from the guy and it is still available. I am just so curious about it. I don't know that a 15 clone is what I want (unless it was blue). And my negotiation skills are terrible! I don't want to pay $60 for it (assuming I wanted it LOL) but I know that is what I would end up doing. DH is fantastic at getting deals, but he is less than enthusiastic about my addiction, if ya know what I mean. Hmmm.

I was wondering why add the Singer decals, too.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

It looks like a 15 clone to me too. I like that face plate. I haven't seen one like that yet. As far as price - look around and see what else is out there in YOUR area to compare. You sure couldn't ship it for that. Does it need a good cleaning or is it pretty nice? Check to see if the needle bar is in straight. Does the tension work? How does it sew? Are the wires frayed or damaged? Does it have any accessories? Manual? Bobbins? Is the bobbin case in good shape. Take some time looking at it when you buy. Take along thread, fabric, scissors and an extra needle. How does it sew through heavy stuff? I love it when people take some time to buy a machine. It might just be worth the little extra money to you not to have to work on it or to pay to.